• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alabama Joins the Union!!!!

5 posts in this topic

Or rather joins the soon to be 62% is good enough set.

Folks, I finally got around to selling a group of 4 coins I had attempted to sell last week and got a nice tidy sum for the 4 coins from a gentlemen who answered by Craigslist ad. I got 300 bucks and he got himself four nice slabs.

Sooo,I immediately ran to the bank, deposited 250.00 of it and bought myself the nice AU55, NGC, Alabama Half you see pictured below. Since it was just purchased this morning, I don't have it in my hot little hands just yet. Very pleased with the price as it was approximately 75% of FMV. I also received my Columbia SC commemorative half in the mail today so it was a good day to be Malcolm Johnson, Numismatist.

To round out my perfect day, my Daughter and I spent a wonderful 2 hours at her Elementary School book fair. Hope all your days were wonderful as well.

Later,

Malcolm

PS-Very nice Eagle on the reverse, two unattractive old men on the obverse.

11351.jpg

See more journals by BeawChan

YES SIR---Sounds like quality time to me--- IRREPLACEABLE

Mine are graduated ---one last year and the other will be this year. Soon to be unreachable so keep "MAKE" the memories as time goes too fast and passes before your eyes.

Later---Rick

P S- Nice Eagle

Malcolm,that is a very nice looking coin you bought today.I know how time flies with the little ones. My oldest is 22 and my youngest just turned12,went to Seaworld today to celebrate!!! :banana:

Ahh, the days of my children during their elementary school years are some of my fondest memories. Now my kids are adults and someday I hope to have the kind of day you had with my yet to be born grand kids. By the way, nice coins!

Gary