• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CANS OF WORMS posted by namvette68

14 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I've gone fishin'

Yes, I opened a can of worms. Don't I always seek the truth and correctness in our hobby? I do it for myself, but I also try to make it right for the others that get a bad deal. Hopefuly Scott's set will be where he should be soon. I explained it to her and I hope she now understands how we feel.

I'm hoping this will be the last of the last minute slot availability from NGC, but there is no new Sac slot, and the coins are out.

Hasta la vista my friends

11348.jpg

See more journals by namvette68

They are all number one sets... and you are correct, they are supposed to be listed in the order that they are completed.

I will not accept 3rd slot... the system created by NGC put me in top slot. That is because I was the first to register my coin in the new created slot. Period. Everything else after that has been politics and sore losing. I am the one who went through proper channels to request the slot be added to the set. I am the one who was online working on his set when it went active. I was the one who got the coin registered first. I was top slot for about an hour, and then, suddenly, I'm bumped to second, and then fourth. That will not stand.. I will have top slot. Period.

Sad day if you ask me! I'm confused as to why the order of first place sets matter this much. I love to collect coins and registering them for comparison but this type of bickering and jockeying for a slot position between adults makes me wonder if it is worth it at all.

They are all number one sets... and you are correct, they are supposed to be listed in the order that they are completed.

I will not accept 3rd slot... the system created by NGC put me in top slot. That is because I was the first to register my coin in the new created slot. Period. Everything else after that has been politics and sore losing. I am the one who went through proper channels to request the slot be added to the set. I am the one who was online working on his set when it went active. I was the one who got the coin registered first. I was top slot for about an hour, and then, suddenly, I'm bumped to second, and then fourth. That will not stand.. I will have top slot. Period.

If you all have exactly identical sets, and are all ranked as #1, what difference does it make where in the list you are? #1 is #1, even if there are 10 of you tied for #1.

I understand when people who have the top slot in #1 and they do nothing to their set and it gets bumped down, how they would get upset. BUT I have always felt that if there is even 2 people with #1 spot then its not as difficult as a set where you sit all by yourself.

People have a right to take things seriously, I mean where do you draw the line on this subject? Does NGC really just give the top spot to whomever complains the most?

What set is this all this about anyways? I know its not a set I compete in. :banana:

EASY GUYS!!

It is the challenge not the fun and enjoyment, that you get at the top. We all enjoy building our sets and are not interested in a scuffle over a placement.

So get the can of worms and I'll buy the beer. LET'S GO FISHING before someone starts to look like a DONKEY.

I'm going to play with the camera again tomorrow. I will be digging out my U S Type set. So get ready for a few more journals. I hope to get some GREAT shots to share with all of you.

Later---Rick

Jason, It turned out to be just a XF- AU Wheat. Two old half blind men looking at shadows. Once I used the new lens I saw that it was simply a 1c gift. It is still on the shelf and I have not went back to visit yet. I will do pics of all his coins if he is interested later and then I would be sure of getting a few nice keepers. I'll send him a message today and see where it lands.

Later---Rick

It is the principle of the matter... I don't like being denied something that I earned. Namvette68 didn't earn the place he is in now, regardless of what he believes... It may not matter to anyone else, but I refuse to let someone screw me over like that. I will be on the phone to NGC on Monday, and every day thereafter until things are set straight.

To me, top slot has a certain 'honor' to it, and your images get used in the Coin Explorer, which is cool.

My 32-64 washington quarter set is #72 in the ranks and I have 4 pictures on coin explorer.they use the picture of the coin with the highest grade for that particular year.If there are multiples of the same grade then it goes to who downloaded their picture first.

Dear Can-O-Worms,

What a shame! Who cares(aside from you) if one set is listed ahead of another with the same rank? The reasons for position are listed in the other comments.

I have a set that was the first listed as #1, now its about the 12th or maybe lower, yet still a #1 set, So What!

Your complaint sounds like the guy on the road who just has to be ahead of everyone, he can't bear the thought of someone being in front of him.. He'll cut and weave through traffic to be the 1st schmuck at the red light, and is then insulted because the light chose to turn red for Him! We've all seen that guy.

Enjoy the hobby, there's no conspiracy against you, and no need to be a primadonna!