• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Presidents Set

10 posts in this topic

The frame work is complete....

Since the registry awards in January, I have been working very hard to create a set that would be a contender for Best Presented. I played around with several styles of image display, and thought about which set to give my attention. I finally decided that it would be my Presidential Dollar set, a number one ranked set in its category. I love history, and decided that I could inject that passion into its presentation.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetGallery.aspx?PeopleSetID=128310

Each coin has been photographed and placed onto a backdrop of the American Flag. Under each coin there is also a brief summary of that President's term in office, as well as some of the numismatic highlights that occurred during that term. Each summary is completely original, written by me and not copied from another source. I am very proud of the set, and would love everyone to check it out and give me some feedback if you feel so inclined. I really feel I have a shot at the award, and will be making tweeks here and there to make it the best I can.

Thanks for reading, and look forward to any responses!

11334.jpg

See more journals by SPHansen

Anyone with decent cash can put together this perfect set in one day.

Your presentation however is very impressive and unique. Love the background and your notes on each president.

I hope you win the award. You deserve it. Good luck.

Very nicely presented and I especially like the numismatic highlights you present with each Presidential biography. Although I am not overly fond of the Presidential set, you have made it highly enjoyable to peruse your set.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

Malcolm

Outstanding! I especially love the numismatic highlights feature. As a past winner of this award (Gary's 20th Century Type Set) I definitely think you have a shot at it. As for the pictures, I love the collage in this post with the flag background and the holder label. In your gallery view the obverse and reverse are separate and do not look quite as nice as the collage. As a suggestion, you can run the collage for the obverse and for the reverse post a portrait of the featured president or a picture representative of something in your write-up. For instance for John Adams you might want to post a picture of that un-finished executive mansion. You're on the right track!

Gary

Wow.. thank you all for the kind words! Win or not, I have the real reward already :)

Noel: Yes, it is not hard to put the set together, but it was the one that spoke to the historian in me ;) It is hard to condense their terms into short summaries, as I tend to be a verbose about this subject :P

Gary: I had played around with that idea (the reason I have that combo image), and thought about using the portraits of the Presidents from the White House collection, etc. but it didn't display so well, and I wanted the coins themselves to be the stars. I will, however, use that concept in my Numismatic Genealogy set, and use photos of the family members to make the connection between person and coin stronger.