• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More photos to share

4 posts in this topic

I decided to share some pictures of a wonderfully toned 1947-D nickel in my collection (just for you fans of toning). Here's the story behind it, I must have bought this one, probably back in the 1980s, and it has been sitting in my Dansco album since I bought the album for my collection in about 1987. I am pretty sure I bought this coin totally white, since I am not a big fan of toning, so what you see today is a result of 15 years of me doing nothing! Anyhow, I am trying to experiment with my photo skills on toned coins, to find the best way to get the colors to come out. I am posting 2 sets of pics, but neither really shows the wonderful array of colors, nor the beautiful rainbow on the reverse. So tell my which you like better, and share any hints you might have to make the colors show up on the screen! I will post the 2 obverse shots, and then follow with the 2 reverse shots. 1947dobv1.jpg1947dobv2.jpg

Very nice nickels! They're the second best I've ever seen. The best was this weekend when I looked at an original 1949 double mint set. Wayyyyy outside my price range, though. But that is a great one!