• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A 4 Hour Photo Shot posted by G G's Keepers

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I finally loaded my Modern Dollar Commemorative PICS

Friends and Society,

I took the time to get the pics up on 38 coins in my Modular set. The proofs are sure photo ready. Thanks Gary for getting me out in the rain. If you got 5 minutes check out the slide show.

Later---Rick

11314.jpg

See more journals by G G's Keepers

I didn't mean for you to get out in the rain! When I took a natural light cloudy picture of my 1876 Centennial Medal I opened a south facing window in the house and used a tripod. BTW if you don't have a tripod, it is a must. I sometimes like the cloudy light because it is diffused and does not give shadows or glares from the holder. At any rate I especially love your proofs, and some of those FBL Franklins are not just borderline FBL's, but in your face can't mistake it FBL's!

Gary

Gary, On the porch, not in the rain. I get great pics there and should have time next week to do the full set of Franklins "correctly" in focus without the gold tint from the inside of my house. I have too much wood ceilings and floor to get a true toned pic so it is outdoors from now on. I figured if I can get 40 coins pictured a weekend I should catch up in two months from not taking pics over the past three years. I am so glad that I finally understand all the dials and menus on this Nikon D3100.

Later Bud---Rick