• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know if James Early US coins has a website?

26 posts in this topic

Early U.S. - This website is temporarily disabled. Please come back again later, and thank you for your patience.

Worth waiting as I bought this off his site long ago :)

2z4xu0h.jpg

Of course he does: https://www.scoins.com/

Not James Early but Scotsman instead, not what I am looking for.

James willunfortuantely not respond to my pm , nor has he responded to this thread, I can't figure out why?

Maybe because the thread is only 35 minutes old.

Well you only posted this thread a half an hour ago. Some people have a life outside of these boards (shocking, I know!)

His old website has been shut down. I'm sure he signed a non-competition clause when he got hired at Scotsman, and cannot run a business on the side. For all intents and purposes, the Scotsman website is his website, as he was hired in part for his IT experience.

James willunfortuantely not respond to my pm , nor has he responded to this thread, I can't figure out why?

Nope, since he was relpying to other threads at the same time. Maybe it is me, and/or he doesn't care for my typing. But fact, I have never done business with him before so he can't claim bad transaction history.

Nope, since he was relpying to other threads at the same time. Maybe it is me, and/or he doesn't care for my typing. But fact, I have never done business with him before so he can't claim bad transaction history.

He made his last post 60 minutes ago. This thread is 45 minutes old. :facepalm:

I get it now. This is a joke right? Please tell me it's a joke.

His website for his business is http://www.earlyus.com/; however, it says that it is temporarily disabled. This could be because of website maintenance or he could have disabled the website because of his promotion. If you are still interested in individual coins, the individual coin URLs still work (a link in a PM between James and myself still leads to a functional page).

I'm sure he'll chime in to let us know whether the discontinuation is a temporary thing (as suggested by it) or whether it is long term.

Realone you're a "real" piece of work.

lol

Some of my best coins have come from James.

These antic's of yours may work ATS, but in my opinion, I hope they don't work here.

Enjoy your coins!

:)

It's possible that he overlooked it or hasn't had time to respond to it yet. I'm sure that he is busy with his new job.

James

I'm guessing the site is down now due to the fact he works for Scotman so he cannot engage in coin sales any longer due to this commitment.

jom

Realone you're a "real" piece of work.

lol

Some of my best coins have come from James.

These antic's of yours may work ATS, but in my opinion, I hope they don't work here.

Enjoy your coins!

:)

Lee what antics? I noticed he was on and posting when I posted. I was trying to get his attention. He mentioned that he had examples of lamination errors and I tried to ask a question egarding that before he split. I just figured that maybe he thought I was somebody else and he didn't feel like replying for his own resaons and wanted to make sure that he knew that I was not a previous customer of his. I thought I was pretty clear that I actually am interested in being his new customer and was trying to get his attention, he spaked my interest that's all. As far as me being a piece of work, well I guess that is better than being a piece of ___.:)

I think everyone needs to relax here. I personally can get antsy when I dont hear back, so I understand where realone is coming form. Lets just take a step back and give everyone some time to respond.

Alan, I have no PMs from ya! I am sorry if I have somehow missed them, but I just checked a few seconds ago... and I still see none. Can anyone confirm that PMs are working properly? For that matter, I haven't gotten more than a couple or so over the last three weeks, and normally I get a lot more than that.

I will not compete with my employer, therefore my website is no longer available for the purchase of coins. However, I plan to get it back up eventually with information (focusing on early coins, of course) and possibly sale of peripheral numismatic items (books, holders, cleaning supplies lol, etc.)

Edited to add: you can still contact me at James [at] EarlyUS.com, and in addition, I have a new official eMail at Scotsman: James [at] scoins.com.

I'm not involved with the IT side of things at Scotsman just yet. The current auction process was already heavily under way when I stepped in, therefore it's taking up a very large percentage of my time. Once the current auction is under control, I'll be able to post more here on the boards. I'll say this - the coin auction business is MUCH more involved than anticipated, and it's really challenging "learning the ropes".

Thanks for your patience, everyone!! I promise that I will ALWAYS respond to PMs that I actually receive!

Al, I have no PMs from ya! I am sorry if I have somehow missed them, but I just checked a few seconds ago... and I still see none. Can anyone confirm that PMs are working properly? For that matter, I haven't gotten more than a couple or so over the last three weeks, and normally I get a lot more than that.

I will not compete with my employer, therefore my website is no longer available for the purchase of coins. However, I plan to get it back up eventually with information (focusing on early coins, of course) and possibly sale of peripheral numismatic items (books, holders, cleaning supplies lol, etc.)

Edited to add: you can still contact me at James [at] EarlyUS.com, and in addition, I have a new official eMail at Scotsman: James [at] scoins.com.

I'm not involved with the IT side of things at Scotsman just yet. The current auction process was already heavily under way when I stepped in, therefore it's taking up a very large percentage of my time. Once the current auction is under control, I'll be able to post more here on the boards. I'll say this - the coin business is MUCH more involved than anticipated, and it's really challenging "learning the ropes".

Thanks for your patience, everyone!! I promise that I will ALWAYS respond to PMs that I actually receive!

James,

ok thanks, fyi I have pmed you multiple times since, and received no response back, so I must assume it isn't working for us as it is for everyoneelse I pm, sorry.

Too bad your website is down, I woul dbe interested in doing some transactions with you, anyother way that I can talk to you, and if in this thread si the only way fine with me.

thanks for responding here!

James,

ok thanks, fyi I have pmed you multiple times since, and received no response back, so I must assume it isn't working for us as it is for everyoneelse I pm, sorry.

Too bad your website is down, I woul dbe interested in doing some transactions with you, anyother way that I can talk to you, and if in this thread si the only way fine with me.

thanks for responding here!

PMs received and responses sent!

We can most definitely still do business, but simply conducted under the auspices of the Scotsman name. A major reason I signed up with them is to bring a bit more expertise with respect to early type.

Thanks also to everyone else who sent the very kind PMs.

I'll say this - the coin auction business is MUCH more involved than anticipated, and it's really challenging "learning the ropes".

I'm not surprised. I sometimes get the impression that a lot of coin people think it is easy. Just get the coins, present them "Here they are folks", collect the bids, pay off the consignors and pocket the buyers and sellers fees making money hand over fist. I'm sure it is a lot of work, and when people see the income side they seem to forget the expense side of the equation.