• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets do a 1793 to current US Coin post!

534 posts in this topic

A few small rules:

1. US coins made for circulation only. No proofs or patterns.

2. One coin per post

3. If you like a coin, dont quote the giant pic, just refer to the date.

4. Try to have fun. If you cant say something positive, keep it to yourself.

Easy Enough?

I will start with 1793

1793wreath.jpg

PCGS Trueviews:

wreathcent.jpg

Ankur, great idea for a thread. I'll pick up somewhere in the late 1880s...in the meantime, I'll enjoy the eye-candy. (worship)

US Type4.jpg

I got 1795, and I'll have a few more along the way to. I know she ain't the prettiest, but she was a relatively affordable half-dollar for my type collection. Currently, this coin is the only coin I own in a ICG holder grading VG-8 details, scratches. This thread is going to be very interesting by the time it gets to 2012!

Gary

Nuts, the 1795 and 96 coins got up while I was framing my post. At any rate those are some really fine coins. The old Capped Bust/Turban Head Eagle design is one of my all time favorite US coin designs along with the Flowing Hair half-dollar I posted. My dream is to one day own a Turban Head Half Eagle or Eagle.

Gary

Ankur, we've done 10 years and you've posted 5 of them. Slow down, my friend, and give others a chance!

Lance.

Ankur, we've done 10 years and you've posted 5 of them. Slow down, my friend, and give others a chance!

Lance.

Just saw your post Lance. You got it! (thumbs u

Beautiful coins! :applause:

MAN, a guy steps out for a little bit and things fly on by, I realize this is a bit out of order, but WTF. Given the 1803s, on to the 1804 next...

This one is a $1

DrapedBust_MS61.jpg