• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When I buy coins they go to Alaska!

13 posts in this topic

I bought a peace dollar about a week ago and checked the tracking # and it's in the Anchorage Alaska short faclity. What the heck is that all about? I live in Calif..... The seller sent it from Texas. Oh well...... :frustrated:.

Can a buffalo survive in Alaska?

Lance.

Maybe, but a peace dollar can't, she'll freeze! Well look at the bright side, it'll be frosty!!

Worst screw-up I ever saw was in the mid 1980's. I flew (on TWA) from CA. to Switzerland to do some downhill skiing. My ski boots went to Thailand. I'm sure there's a lot of downhill skiing going on in Thailand. doh! To their credit, TWA had the boots at the hotel I was staying in in Switzerland within 36 hours.

What are you doing buying Peace dollars, Joe? Have you lost your focus?

Serves you right she's in the frozen tundra. Maybe it'll arrive frosty blue. AT, of course.

Lance.

I bought a peace dollar about a week ago and checked the tracking # and it's in the Anchorage Alaska short faclity. What the heck is that all about? I live in Calif..... The seller sent it from Texas. Oh well...... :frustrated:.

Thats ok, I had several coins sent from Florida (same seller) that went to Detroit then to Tennessee (where I lived). Another one went to New Jersey, one went to Cleveland and one literally passed my house from the Memphis sort facility to the Lexington, KY sort facility. It traveled right up the interstate past my house. All coins took an average of 20 days to get to me. I could have walked to Florida in that time.

The USPS works in mysterious ways.

Worst screw-up I ever saw was in the mid 1980's. I flew (on TWA) from CA. to Switzerland to do some downhill skiing. My ski boots went to Thailand. I'm sure there's a lot of downhill skiing going on in Thailand. doh! To their credit, TWA had the boots at the hotel I was staying in in Switzerland within 36 hours.

I really miss TWA. They had the absolute best pilots and while they weren't perfect they had a heart and would try their best to right all wrongs.

I used to ship about $400 worth of Pizzas a couple times a year to a collector friend in Florida via next day air. On two occasions if shipped out late on a Thursday for early Friday delivery they have been routed to either South or North Dakota and sat there throughout the weekend until they finally arrived at their proper destination. Perishable items are not covered under the shippers insurance and your only refunded for the shipping charges. Now Thursday to Monday is 5 days in transit so the only recourse is to discard or consume... Well I'm happy to share thanks to a cast iron stomach he's still alive and kicking! :D

I wonder if there was "verdigris" on those old pizzas?

Thankfully the miss routed shipments occurred during the winter...

Yet it's safe to assume that they did turn in the holder! ;):P

I got a direct fright from connecticut to columbus ohio which got cancelled. I ended up in Atalnta for the day the on to desttation. My luggage got a direct flight to Portland Oregon. Go figure ;)