• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coins and health

5 posts in this topic

I'm highly recommending the following e-publication with solid information about health issues involving coins and banknotes, covering topics such as spreading of bacteria, allergies to nickel, incise designs on early 20th century US gold coins, and the particular dangers involved with kids swallowing US cents minted since 1982. One of the articles discusses in detail bactericidal properties of copper, even displaying experimental evidence in petri dishes, but fails to mention that silver also can be a major microbiocide.

Coins & Good Health

Some possibly interesting information and some complete Bull S. Typical publication from an organization that has a promotional agenda. The paper and metal currency "dirt" problem was investigated prior to 1900. The failure to say anything about silver - especially nano-silver - depresses the "value" o the publication. The U.S. sunk-relief stuff is a total waste.

This kind of stuff is more "Chicken Little" than anything else - except possibly for the nickel allergy material. Once, it was confined to car park pamphlets and fringe – now it’s on the true fringe – the “internet.”

Before reading this propaganda; I was under the assumption that it was going to champion and promote the benefits of coin collecting, such as, relaxation and good mental health.

I think that it is very much an exaggeration.

Besides, any and all pathogens are dead or trapped inside the slab! lol