• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets do another morgan

21 posts in this topic

Yep this one is pretty easy to grade as a solid 64, rev is a strong 65 but the obv marks limit the grade. I was curious so see if anyone would give it a star(or + or what ever it is thesedays lol), I bought this in a junk ACC slab back in 05 for just over 64 money then. I'll send it in someday in hopes of a 64*, certainly a candidate to have holdered rev out. Thanks for the comments and guesses.

MS-64*

reverse holdered?

Means to have the rev of the coin facing the same way as the label, NGC will do this if you specify it on the submission form.

64*

Have always prefered bright white but have come to appreciate that partial type tone which only enhances the look while not detracting from the overall character of the coin..Great looking reverse.

Chet

I agree, and would append my grade with the ★ as well. That reverse is really a gorgeous toning pattern!

MS-64*

reverse holdered?

Means to have the rev of the coin facing the same way as the label, NGC will do this if you specify it on the submission form.

Thanks.

But That was not a question. That was my guess at the grade lol . Just thought it's reverse holdered cause if the pretty toning on the reverse.

By the way, on one of my submissions to NGC, an 1881-S with rainbow reverse, they reverse holdered the coin even though I did not ask them to. I guess if the reverse is really attractive and eye-appealing, they do that automatically..? I didn't like it.