• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out this (original) roll of coins on eBay

15 posts in this topic

I have noted that if i put Unresearched unknown in my title i have about 20-25% more watches and 30+% viewers ..even if you list it in the right place .. I try not to but it is tempting :blush:

Unbelivable! :facepalm: And to think someone actually bought it for good money!

I have all sorts of issues with that eBay listing. Just because a paper roll has a copyright listing of 1919 doesnt mean that it was from 1919 as they suggest, heck they even say they might have dates as late as 1944 or something in it. And dimes? I don't think so!

More than likely they found some old paper rolls and filled them theirself ... heck I have old paper rolls around my place myself .... :idea: .... wait a few minutes and you might see a new listing :whistle:

I will guarantee you every roll this person sells was assembled gong after Grandpa died. Further, I'd betcha Grandpa never touched any of them.

There are indeed suckers born every minute.

I will guarantee you every roll this person sells was assembled gong after Grandpa died. Further, I'd betcha Grandpa never touched any of them.

There are indeed suckers born every minute.

and there will be many more to follow :(

Oh come on. EVERYONE knows the Romans were shotgunning their bronze coins for centuries...

:whistle:

they must have been because there is another roll set up the same. I am always amazed at how the good coins seem to find their way to the ends every time.

Wonder how long it took him to do the disclaimer :makepoint:

The rolls are a wide-spread mix of dates and usually types of coins. All coins within rolls are prior to 1919 (except some rolls have silver coins, which occassionally are mercury dimes of later years). The rolls sometimes include an incredible mixture of coins. I have found many 1909 coins, including 1909 s, 1909 vdb and 1909 p, and may find a 1909 s vdb soon. Found many indian heads (many 1909 and dates prior to 1900), many Mercury, Barber and Seated Liberty Dimes, some Trimes, some New York VOC Pennies, and teens and twenites with mintmarks here and there. The coins I've inspected are worn and in average circulated good condition. Rolls should have 25 coins but may have 24 or 26 and occasionally a coin in a roll falls outside date (like an odd 1944 or something), just so you are aware that this could happen and does occasionally. However coins in each roll are unexamined so each is different and you could get a real winner or not so good of a roll. Who knows? In any event, this is finally a chance to get a real tight rolled oldie. There are no guarantees that you will find any coin of greater value than common dated coins, but the chance may well prove to be worth taking.**IMPORTANT: READ BEFORE BIDDING:

Since these rolls are sealed, I can't guarantee the following.

1) Twenty Five coins per roll; there could be 24 or 26 in rare occasions.

2) Mint marks are not guaranteed to be found and when so are often on commoner dated coins.

3) Date of Coins may Rarely but occasionally have one or two coins later than the date range (for example maybe One 1944 per every 10-20 rolls or so, or a Mercury Dime in Teen Roll)

4) Condition of coins vary but most are about good to fine or so unless otherwise mentioned in title of this auction.

5) I can't guarantee value in excess of your purchase price .... you may hit pay dirt or go broke .... it is a gamble and at your risk. I would never thik of asking for your excess value in a roll to be paid back to me … so if you buy a roll and it has excess value it is yours to keep … SAME WITH VALUE IF LESS THAN YOU PAID. Do not extort me to pay difference.

Though I do not guarantee all contents or value; and with all the exceptions above understood .... I do guarantee that all coins in rolls should be 1919 and prior, and based on previous contents will contain indian heads, possibly silver, other unique coins and maybe valuable or very valuable coins. I'd guess condition within rolls would be average circulated condition (good to very fine or so ..... but just a guess (not a promise) based on what I have seen).

WOW! An imperial roll -- too bad they don’t guarantee a selection of emperors.

(Fifty real imperial or Byzantine coppers won’t cost more than a roll or two of Wheaties.)