• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Wheat Back Cents!

8 posts in this topic

arrived after a great day on the river!

Howdy Friend,

Well, it's been a great couple of spring days here in my part of the Oregon country and my neighborhood is buzzing with weed eaters and lawn mowers. I started the racket as soon as the sun hit the grass trying for some significant completion so I could take a river dinner trip in the afternoon. Had lots of fun and enjoyed a wonderful 4 hour 36 mile jet boat ride on the river with my wife, brother in-law and some friends. We saw tons of wildlife on the trip, red tailed hawk, spring salmon, golden eagle, osprey, bald eagle, deer, great blue herons, turkey buzzards, cliff swallows, hooded mergansers, mallard ducks and Canadian geese all in one trip, really terrific!

When we made home my very first Lincoln wheat back cents were in the mailbox. I've been eagerly awaiting these coins and capped off a really great day by getting them registered and photographed. Filled slots in my 1955 and 1957 proof sets with PF67RD examples graded by NGC.

Full days like these are really terrific especially when they end with new coins so I'll end this entry with a composite photo of the very first wheat back cent added to my collection, the 1955,

Later friends and hope you all have a great day!

Merlin8*

11259.jpg

See more journals by Merlin8*

Merlin,

Sounds like you know how to enjoy life a bit. I too, need to grab the wife and go do something special to kick out the regular routine and add another great memory.

A nice proof wheat there and some good pics.

Later----

Thanks everyone, Making quality time is a challenge sometimes, at least it seems that way, between work and work..lol

Spring is the start of the fishing and river running season here and the coins where the cherry on top of a perfect day!

You all take care and don't forget to smell those roses!

Larry