• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank you!

36 posts in this topic

Dear Fellow Numismatists,

As some of you may already know, I will be leaving my position as a Vice President and Grading Finalizer for NGC, on June 18th. It's been a wonderful eight years and without a doubt, one of the best experiences of my career. I will miss this great group of people, that make up a team that is, in my opinion, the best in the certification business.

I am very grateful to the staff, management, and my former owner/partners at NGC, in particular to Mark Salzberg, Steve Eichenbaum, and Rick Montgomery, for sincerely wishing me well in my new endeavors and helping to make this a very smooth transition. I am also grateful to all of you for giving me the opportunity to assist you over the years, and it was a pleasure getting to know many of you.

After departing NGC, I will immediately be returning to the dealer side of the business, continuing a path that started in 1978 up until 1996, when I joined NGC. The desire to be a dealer is "in my blood" as they say, and I am looking forward to returning to an active marketplace with old friends and new.

I will be back here on these boards at that time to say hello, and I will provide contact information at that time.

Best Regards,

John Maben

John,

Very best wishes for future success, and sincere thanks for a job well done both at NGC and in your participation on these boards.

Best regards,

Beijim

John, you will be missed and hard to replace! Good luck and hope to see you post regularly here (time permitting, of course!).

Best wishes on your future and thank you for the service you have provided the hobby/industry over the years. What will be your area of specialty once you are out?

good luck john with your future goals and plans!!!!!!

as tomb said what will be your speciality

on the dealer side??

michael

Thanks for all of the kind words. I will be here on these boards as much if not more, just in a different capacity. It will be fun, and I am looking forward to it. As for specific plans, I am going to hold off on talking about that right now, until I am back among the ranks of fellow dealers.

John

John:

All the Luck in the world.

Thanks for all the quick replies that you have given me and many others on this Board.

Thanks, again. You are all so very kind. Except for counterfeit (Ouch! Thanks for dropping the star rating too frown.gif). I am very much looking forward to continuing my participation here and on a wider variety of subjects. smile.gif

John - You were seminal in getting this online community established over here. You have provided countless insights and have been nothing but a positive influence for this numismatic community. I hope that you will continue to participate, as life and its demands have a way of taking over and overwhelming the past. No matter what, know that you have been appreciated and that your sensibilities will be expressed many times over, as we have all grown in your presence.

Be well, Godspeed, Mark.

John,

Since you are becoming a dealer again let me know if you find any PMMs in the future. Hey could you find out from Dena when I start @ my new position as a coin grader?

Thanks

PM

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Thanks, Hoot, Greg, Clad, Reid, GP, Error, and all. It's official now, as you can see by the change in name and title. To answer that early question, if you click on my name you'll see my email and website address. I am VERY excited to be returning to the marketplace and look forward to meeting and doing business with many of you, and to participating actively in this forum.

Sincerely,

John Maben

Thanks John for everything you did, frombeing a mentor through email to being a co-worker. There's a lot I owe to you and the bode of confidence you have in me. You've helped me turn my hobby into my career and I can't thank you enough.

Matt Tucker

NCS Conservator

Good luck, John. I first heard this coming back from a show (CSNS?) with other Jersey dealers. I think it was Nagle who brought you up to the rest of us.

EVP

Andy & Matt--- You guys are the future, and because of that the future is bright.

John--- It will probably be a year or so before I list coins on the site, but I will be doing a periodic Market Report, following major shows. Also, look for sell ads in Coin World beginning early September.

EVP--- Ah yes... Bill always has the inside scoop. Nice to hear from you.

John

Thanks, Hoot, Greg, Clad, Reid, GP, Error, and all. It's official now, as you can see by the change in name and title. To answer that early question, if you click on my name you'll see my email and website address. I am VERY excited to be returning to the marketplace and look forward to meeting and doing business with many of you, and to participating actively in this forum.

Sincerely,

John Maben

I'm scared. I noticed this across the street:

JohnMabenCUReg.jpg

Consorting the them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I hope this doesn't mean you're going to be selling PF70 Roseys and MS67 State Quarters. 893whatthe.gif