• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which world coins are collected the most??? posted by G G's Keepers

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A question I ask myself sometimes.

Friends and Society,

I was checking out a few other sets in the club as I do once in a while. The thought came again--- How many sets are graded in the countries where NGC and PCGS have set up camp? If you have a world collection and don't mind letting us know your competition, let us know the number of collectors in your series that you are working on. I have found a few sets with only 1 collector for competition and only one coin out of 29 for the series. I would like to get into world coins but would not have a interest in a set that has only 1 player to compete against.

I added a pic so this journal would post to chats. It seems to be the only way for me to get it to work lately.

11239.jpg

See more journals by G G's Keepers

You should get into Mexican 8 Reales. Close tie with US coins, since Reales circulated in the colonies until 1854. Cap and Rays series is a nice way to ease into it. Personally, I collect the bust series of 8 Reales from colonial Mexico.

Check out my set for some examples:

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=800

Just send me a message if you want to chat more. There are quite a few directions you can go with 8 Reales.

Cheers,

Roman.

The number of collectors and level of interest is much greater in Europe than in the US.

I did think there would be a few more replies than just two. My guess is that the world collectors moved over to PCGS after the switch was thrown.

Thank You Roman and RWB for your replies.

Rick

Hey Rick I dont collect world coins,but looking through the registry it looks like Australian,Canadian,and Chinese have quite a few sets listed.I think you can scratch Chinese coins off that list if I remember correctly!!!! :facepalm: