• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1956 Jefferson Nickel--Guess the Grade!

Guess the Assigned Grade  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Guess the Assigned Grade

14 posts in this topic

Guess the Grade of this 1956 Jefferson Nickel.

JN1956NGCMSXX.jpg

JN1956NGCMSXXSteps.jpg

Please vote in the attached poll.

Comments welcome!

I'm going with 66 5FS. Doesn't look like it's quite as clean as a 67 should be. I'm not sure if I'm seeing a merge between the 4th & 5th steps but I think it made the 5FS designation.

I went with 66+ 5FS. In reality, I don't think it qualifies for 5FS based on the marks and ticks that obscure the lines, but the strike seems like it might pass. I also think it is borderline 66/67 - so I went with the +. Obviously, depending on when it was graded, this may or may not be present.

I really don't know what is keeping this coin out of a 5FS holder.

JN1956NGCMS67.jpg

Thanks for all the kudos guys, picked it up from Teletrade for a scant $250. Population 19/0

I really don't know what is keeping this coin out of a 5FS holder.

Why don't you send it in for a designation review the next time that you make a submission with NGC?

Hey LeHigh that is a beautiful nickel.I have checked out the last few pictures of Jefferson nickels you have posted and I have to say you collect some great coins!!!!

Hey LeHigh that is a beautiful nickel.I have checked out the last few pictures of Jefferson nickels you have posted and I have to say you collect some great coins!!!!

Agreed. Paul has some very fine Jeffersons in his collection!

Well, before I scrolled down to where you revealed the grade, I voted 67 5FS. I am not sure why it doesn't receive a 5FS, but maybe Physics is right and the tiny mark on the left obscures enough steppage to not warrant a 5FS. Nice nice coin.