• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Sad Day

7 posts in this topic

A Man is defined by what he does for the less fortunate.

Folks,

I know this is off-topic but I have to say the death of Junior Seau, from whatever cause, has shaken me to the core. Not because he was a successful football player, but entirely because of what he did with his fame.

I have lived in the Oceanside CA area for the last 30 years and for most of that time, Mr. Seau was a man dedicated to helping the youth of Oceanside by raising hundreds of thoursands of dollars for the Boys and Girls club or other worth charities. He was a man proud of his community, a man dedicated to his community, and a man who never forgot his humble origins in one of the largest Samoan communities outside Samoa itself.

Rest in Peace Junior, you will always be an inspiration to those who strive to make the world a better place.

Malcolm

11229.jpg

See more journals by BeawChan

I always admired the man for his toughness and longevity. I was saddened by the news of his passing.

I didn't know that he was such a philanthropist. I'm not suprised but that just makes me admire his memory even MORE. :sorry: RIP

I heard on the news that his death is being investigated as a suicide. How tragic, for someone so talented, and apparently, giving as well.

A sad day for all, and in particular the boys and girls helped by Junior Seau. My heart and prayers goes out to the family, friends, and children of the Boys and Girls Club.

Sadly

Gary