• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Me

13 posts in this topic

Ya sorry, Im kinda new at this....Would you be willing to take a guess and put a grade on this?

I don't know if the image is accurate or not, with respect to the coin's color. But if it is, I don't think the color is original or that the coin would grade. That aside, I can't tell if it is high grade AU (due to possible slight wear on Lincoln's cheek) or uncirculated.

I hope you didn't buy it. The listing looks like many far too many others, where an apparent good deal is actually a bad deal.

If that coin is a MS 65/6+ as described by the seller, I have a billie goat that is a Delta Airlines pilot. I also think that it might be a cleaned slider.

Wheat

Looking at some of the the seller's other listings, I am of the opinion that he tends to over-grades his coins - significantly in a number of instances. And that a good number of them are other than original.

Looks like a re-colored slider and reminds me of LWC sold by a seller with the ID of "nancye" or something close to that. I bet the color rinses off with acetone to reveal a $20 coin.

I could be wrong of course.

I took a good look at other coins on this site, and the way this guy has his light blasting his coins you could not tell if it was A.T.colored, cleaned or both. The lighting blasts the coin so bad you really can't determine a grade. As a lincoln colector I say don't buy from this guy. I am sure pepole here have much better lincolns to sell if you can't wait for heritage or great Collections or some other auction house.

Wheat