• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG: 1946S Walker Half. BIG PICS

18 posts in this topic

Strong head. Good strike for this date/mint mark. Typical weak central lines Obverse and Reverse. Low end MS66, high end MS65. Field hits/breaks detract very little. Nice Walker.

I think PCGS gave this coin a grade of MS66.

Carl

I call it MS 66 even with that mark on the eagle’s leg. That is not a huge mark - the enlarged photo amplifies it.

AnkurJ, could you post a smaller photo? It is possible that I am being too tough because of the large photos, which magnify flaws, etc. I know that even MS67 coins can look less than ideal in larger photos which accentuate the flaws.

I would call it a MS65. Right arm and a few field hits, plus weakness on reverse in eagle's center mass, over Liberty's body profile and a couple luster breaks (reverse field) are the only thing holding this coin down at MS65, IMHO.

Great luster and good strike for MM and date.

It is indeed a MS64 in an old Doily holder! The luster is amazing, but it does have a lot of small contact marks and a few areas of luster breaks.

I do not think this coin would upgrade or ever CAC... While the luster might be good the coin is far too baggy for my liking.

I do not think this coin would upgrade or ever CAC... While the luster might be good the coin is far too baggy for my liking.

It could CAC if it were in an AU58 Holder. :devil:

It could CAC if it were in an AU58 Holder. :devil:

ofc it would.. Gold CAC... but this is a 64 holder... maybe in hand I would change my mind on this coin.