• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Update of the S.F. 75th Set

9 posts in this topic

More than 100,000 sets!

2012 American Silver Eagle San Francisco Two-Coin Proof Set includes one 2012-S Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle and one 2012-S Proof American Silver Eagle.

Original estimate of 300k sets emerged, but has now been changed to the Collector Demand to determine the set's mintage level. A mintage ceiling has not been specified, and the United States Mint specifically states that the mintage amount will be "To demand."

The two-coin proof set will go on sale for four weeks only, beginning on June 7, 2012 and lasting through July 5, 2012.

11192.jpg

See more journals by Gino Tumminia

Jason, Did ya get a chance to check out the new additions to my Roosevelts yet??

I just added almost 10,000 points (what a chunk) but no pics till I get better with the camera. Set is listed on my wife's page = G G's Keepers

Later Bud----Rick

I do believe that the few weeks this coin has been ordered, It will become a flood to the market. No cap,means unlimited supply... This will become a common eagle. It will nice coin to own,but no true collector value. I will buy 5 so that I can just put them in my safe

When the Coin Crook gets hold of them they will buy plenty to sell on HSN at a high price. I will get two sets one to send in for grading and one to look at. I believe it will be special buy because they will have the S mintmark and only twice did the mint do a reverse proof. Now I only have been collecting for a few years and I feel that maybe it will not be such a large order since some of you will not be partaking in this buy. Having the mint offer a reverse proof of an ASE minted in San Francisco is special in my thinking since it hasn’t minted a proof since 1992 and never a reverse proof. And for the mintage you take your chances.

Happy Collecting

best_category2011.gif

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

I personally doubt that the total set sales is going to soar to any nosebleed heights, with only a 4-week window of purchase. Placing the One Set per HH limit is bound to hinder some multiple set purchases, since the Mint is now cross-checking shipping addresses with names/addresses on the credit cards used. That in part, caused some of the order cancellations by the US Mint during the 25th Anniversary Set sales. After the July 5th closing date, there is bound to be at least a small over-run in production, that will end up in the hands of dealers.

Like Ed, I'm just going for 2 or 3 sets, only to insure that I can get a set of certified 70 coins for my collection. Who knows, if total quantities end up in the 500k range, the individual coins may ultimately sell for just $100-150 each Certified (we can only hope). In any case, they're going to be requisites to maintain a complete ASE Set. At least we won't have to jump through the hoops to certify these(no need to submit them within the Mint packaging) because of their distinct mintmarks.

I'd still like to see the Mint produce silver eagles in a different reverse, as they've done with other issues, and with a "Denver" mintmark..