• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are these Ebay buyers CRAZY???

19 posts in this topic

Don't they know there are only two 1 dollar bills in this thing? I think I've seen these "novelties" sell for something like $29.99 years ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-ONE-DOLLAR-BILLS-LUCITE-BLOCK-EFFECT-AWESOME-DESK-ITEM-/170829501727?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c63b551f

The thing I find funny, is eBay sellers who state:

THERE WILL BE NO RETURNS

They obviously don't know eBay's favoritism of buyers.

There is really no such thing as "no returns" on eBay anymore.

The only thing stopping a return is the will of the buyer.

Count the bundles. I can’t tell how many there are in the block. The seller claims 5 but it looks to me like there are more, perhaps 6. Will the buyer not be getting $498 or will they not be getting $598. How can you rationally bid on this item if you can’t be sure how many dollars you will not be getting? … Unbelievable …

It has five packets of banded paper. The sixth packet is just a visual deception caused by the angle that the camera is viewing through the acrylic, kind of like looking at a person partially underwater in a swimming pool.

I've seen these before. Originally sold by mail order catalog years ago. Was marketed as containing two crisp one dollar bills and 498 sheets of plain paper, according to the original sales ad. I seem to recall a tag line, something like "Fool your friends!"

It'll be listed on eBay again... after the buyer figures out what he really bought.

The luckiest bidder in this auction is the person who bids second-highest. :blush:

THERE WILL BE NO RETURNS

+1

It's hard to believe anyone is that stupid.....

Apparently you haven't seen the various show that stop random people on the street and ask them tough questions like "Who did the US fight in the revolutionary war?" And after much debate, the individual will answer "Brazil?" Or some other such highly educated answer.... I used to think that we as a country had outgrown the electorial college....I have since changed my mind....

THERE WILL BE NO RETURNS

+1

This is a persistent message that is actually untrue. Merely asserting a purchase is significantly not as described (SNAD) is not enough to guarantee ebay will side with the buyer.

Personal experience speaking.

Lance.

THERE WILL BE NO RETURNS

+1

This is a persistent message that is actually untrue. Merely asserting a purchase is significantly not as described (SNAD) is not enough to guarantee ebay will side with the buyer.

Personal experience speaking.

Lance.

However, I would say that 99.999% of the time, eBay favors the buyer when any type of complaint is filed by the buyer.

You can state No Returns all day long in any of your listings; however, when you get down to it, that No Return is meaningless, and the buyer can always get a refund, under the Buyer Protection eBay offers.

Is it fair, and just? In the majority of cases, no it isn't. eBay and PayPal both, in the end, generate the refund to the buyer.

It was a "no returns" coin with PMD damage not obvious from the photos. I filed a SNAD claim and lost. So you're saying it was one in 100,000? Perhaps.

Lance.

It was a "no returns" coin with PMD damage not obvious from the photos. I filed a SNAD claim and lost. So you're saying it was one in 100,000? Perhaps.

Lance.

Without knowing all of the particulars concerning your claim, I could not form an opinion from the little information you provided.

However, I can state with certainty, when I had my eBay store, every SNAD filed against my store, was won by the buyer, even though I was able to provide eBay and PayPal with evidence to the contrary of what the buyer(s) had claimed.

Buyers can file a SNAD for any reason. Case in point:

I had taken on a consignment for a good friend of mine who had a registry set of Franklin halves, all certified and holdered by NGC with grades from MS63-MS65.

He had upgraded the 63s to 65 and higher, and wanted to sell the lower grade Franklins and I offered to consign them for him for a flat fee, which I normally charged a 20% fee to do.

He had 12 halves for sale, each one was listed as a BIN, with the option of making an offer. One buyer bought all 12, and I combined shipping to save him the cost of shipping charges x 12. Everything about the coins was clearly listed and I felt there would no problems.

He SNAD all 12 coins, claiming they were damaged, and I should have mentioned that on the labels of the holders.

I informed eBay I do not work for NGC in any capacity, and have no control over what they, or any other grading service, place on their labels for coins they grade.

I lost the SNAD, and the buyer received a refund immediately, and never returned the coins. Because this buyer was from the same area as I, I actually filed a civil case against them and won a judgement for the value of the coins, as well as court costs.

This is indicative of eBay/PayPal, and how biased they are towards sellers.

As I stated, the majority of the time, eBay/PayPal, side with the buyers.

After that incident, I closed my eBay store, and now sell locally only.

That's a helluva war story, JStull. I don't blame you for feeling strongly about the matter.

And I do agree that buyer's have the huge advantage. I just meant to say that the notion that "no returns" doesn't exist is not entirely correct.

Lance.

That's a helluva war story, JStull. I don't blame you for feeling strongly about the matter.

And I do agree that buyer's have the huge advantage. I just meant to say that the notion that "no returns" doesn't exist is not entirely correct.

Lance.

What I meant by that statement, is you can list everything with No Returns all day long, in the end, No Returns is moot as long as the Buyer Protection Guarantee exists.