• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with this 1835 bust dime!

12 posts in this topic

I don't know much about the grading policies but my personal opinion would be damaged. Too many rim dings besides the Obv sctaches.

Based on those images alone, I would say damaged. It has been my experience, however, that this company often uses images that makes the coins look even better than the coins look in real life. I can only imagine how this looks in hand...and I don't mean this is a good way. I would return it ASAP if I were you.

A sad case a of an old coin that saw very little actual circulation that was has damaged rims and a scratch on the face. It's not worthless, but would be a hard sell to an advanced collector. The value is probably somewhere in the Choice VF range with a no problem Choice VF getting the nod over this piece from a collector who likes the series.