• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Couple 1896 Morgan Dollars, 1945 Walking Half, 1929s Standing Quarter

value  

21 members have voted

1. 1. value

9 posts in this topic

http://i41.tinypic.com/33o6ver.jpg

Take a look. I was given these last year as a gift, but I'm really more into Mercury Dimes and Franklin Halves.

I posted these on Craigslist, and kept getting numerous lowball offers from people for about $30, so I've given up on that. Surely these are worth more than that? Just from a rough estimate, I think they have about $65 worth of silver in them, right? Plus, I think the condition of the Walking Liberty half might add about $15-$20 to the value, but those are just guesses on my part.

Anyone have thoughts? What is a fair price for these? Thanks!

Also, as a general tip, I would be hesitant to purchase or sell anything on Craig's List. It seems worse than eBay to me, and appears to be filled with bottom feeders (based on anecdotal evidence that I don't wish to publish). Try posting the coins here, and solicit bids or sell them at a fixed price consistent with the pricing information contained above.

You certainly won't get the prices marked on the 2X2's but should do fine with reasonable expectations. I voted $60-70 FYI . Best of luck

I never bothered looking at the images, and I assumed all were low grade specimens worthy of melt value. Upon viewing the images, I do think they are worth a premium over melt value, probably in line with what the others have suggested.