• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp Proof Barber Half in a Rattler holder with a Gold Sticker!

11 posts in this topic

What more can you ask for?

In hand the coin has hardly any hairlines and has nice mirrors. There is a very pretty arc of rainbow toning on the left obverse. The reverse has a more even light tone to it also with nice mirrors. Its tough to image proofs, and this holder has a lot of scratches many of which didnt come out with plastx.

Thanks for looking!

1913proofbarberg.jpg

Ankur :)

When I was putting together a 1913 Proof set, I learned that the silver Proof coins are harder to find that you might think. The half dollar was the last piece I needed to complete the set. Nice purchase!

I have absolutely no idea what that would look like in hand - trying to interpret those pictures of that coin is next to impossible. But I'll trust you that it looks great, and congrats on a nice pickup!

Nice looking coin - and the Gold Bean means it should grade - 65 ?

Sure looks like it could...

Definetly a 64, but possibly a 65. I have no plans to crack it out though. Its worth more in its current holder.