• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone collect Indian rupees?

3 posts in this topic

I only have two so far (1917c and 1919b or c), but I see that the entire date run of circulation strikes under George V is only 20 coins.

Those that I have seen are for sale between $8 and $20 each.

Are there any that are hard to find?

1917cRupee.JPG

Does anyone collect Indian rupees?

In theory I do but I have not yed added an example to my collection. For a while I was on the fence on whether or not to include Indian coins in my World War I collection. However, the fact that the Indian regiments fought along with the nice George V bust persuaded me they do belong. One of these days I'll find a nice example for a reasonable price.

Glad to see you posting any coins at all, it's been so long since I've seen you at a coin show or shop I thought you gave up the hobby or decided spending time with the family was more important. insane.gif

-JamminJ

Glad to see you posting any coins at all, it's been so long since I've seen you at a coin show or shop I thought you gave up the hobby or decided spending time with the family was more important. insane.gif

Me too. Too bad you never seem to make it to La Verne on Saturday. Two weeks ago you won the big door prize, but you weren't there, so they had to give it to someone else. frown.gif