• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#1 1971 Proof Set posted by The Wells Collection

12 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Finally I have done it

After a couple years of searching and buying I have purchased the last 2 coins I needed to not only take the #1 spot but to have every coin in PF69UC.

datentype of eBay is responsible for these two and they are mighty nice, the scan does not do them justice.

This set will be the first set I have professionally photographed as they are all bright white and in my opinion match nicely.

Other purchases lately are as follows all are NGC

1978 5C PF70UC

1978 50C PF70UC

1979 T1 50C PF70UC

1981 T1 50C PF70UC

1995 Comm. Gymnastics PF70UC

1999 Comm. Dolly Madison PF70UC

that about sums up the past couple months and they have been sweet.

11096.JPG

See more journals by The Wells Collection

Congrats on a mighty fine set. One day I'll complete a set, at least I hope...

Datentype is a true collector's friend. Easy to work with and a great resource for top grade coins.

NGC has never graded any coins from 1971 that are PF70UC. PCGS has graded some ike's in PR70DCAM but no other coins from that year.

When you go to coin shows check out a random 1971 proof set you will probably find it to be either unattractively toned or covered in haze. If you happen to find any coin in that set to be fully ultra cameo'd and beautiful then you have found a rare set indeed.

I am on a mission to have the best of the best and this set is just that!

If you have any other questions just send me a message.

Have a good one :banana: