• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ebay Auctions: Roosey's, Kennedy and SBA

25 posts in this topic

I have some new Ebay auctions up tonight. See my listings below.

1961-P Roosey PCGS 66 Nice toning

1982 No-P Roosey PCGS 64 Old Holder (probably FB)

1964-D Kennedy Nice Toning PCGS 65 Old Holder

1981-S SBA Dollar PCGS 65

Auctions

jom

I bumped it up to 11c, but I can't go much higher with that $5 shipping. confused-smiley-013.gif

Think we'll get a discount if we wait until we see him at the next coin show? In that case I might be willing to bump it up to 35c or so.

-JamminJ

I bumped it up to 11c, but I can't go much higher with that $5 shipping. confused-smiley-013.gif

Think we'll get a discount if we wait until we see him at the next coin show? In that case I might be willing to bump it up to 35c or so.

-JamminJ

I think we should pick it up at his place and he can provide dinner and entertainment for us. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think we should pick it up at his place and he can provide dinner and entertainment for us. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Itchscratch.gif

jom

I can't understand $5.00 to ship one slabbed coin worth under $50. I do it all the time in bubble mailers for $2.50 insured. This pays for the envelope, postage, and insurance. I've never had a problem.

In my opinion, $5.00 simply means the seller is pocketing $2.50 or using a Brinks truck where an envelope would suffice.

Beijim

In my opinion, $5.00 simply means the seller is pocketing $2.50 or using a Brinks truck where an envelope would suffice.

Yeah, that was my idea. To pocket $2.50. Wow...I can retire now.

BTW, I've driven 10 miles to deliver a coin before so the person didn't have to pay $12 for postage (it was a $3200 coin). That alone costs $2.50 these days.

Geez...c'mon! Quit yer gripein'. laugh.gif

jom

BTW, I've driven 10 miles to deliver a coin before so the person didn't have to pay $12 for postage (it was a $3200 coin). That alone costs $2.50 these days.

Wow, I live less than 10 miles away from you. Would you deliver the coin to my house to save $5.00? I'm trying to move up my retirement date and need all the help I can get. 27_laughing.gif

-JamminJ

At that rate, you think this coin will sell for $1333.34? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Honestly, $5 is too much. I probably wouldn't bid on this coin unless I knew you. At $5 I feel like I'm being ripped off. $3 max for it.

Whatever. I just threw up a number. I was in a hurry at the time as I recall. No big deal.

Funny math there Greg. How did you come up with that number? heh It was that expensive Saint I sold, as it turned out, to a novice collector. I met here over at the Block (roughly 10 miles). BTW, $12 is about right for a registered mail and I've have NEVER made money on shipping. I always seem underestimate...so maybe that was my purpose on the $5 number. Who knows?

No matter the price of the coin people just like person_without_enough_empathying I guess. Who's the cheap skate anyway? The dealer that "makes" $2.50 on a ship or the buyer who whines about $2.50 shipping difference after just paying $1000 for a coin? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

Wow, I live less than 10 miles away from you. Would you deliver the coin to my house to save $5.00? I'm trying to move up my retirement date and need all the help I can get. 27_laughing.gif

I'd probably jog to your house. With the mileage I did last night on my run I'd have easily gotten to your house and back.

It works for both of us: You retire early, I'd die early. laugh.gif

jom

Not picking on you, but I think a lot of bidders would be put off by $5 shipping on a cheap item.

Shipping across the country in a padded mailer will $3 max and that's if you pay $1.50 for the mailer.

OK! Maybe I can change it on the auctions. Too late probably... frown.gif

jom

PS: You should have mentioned this earlier you dingus. laugh.gif

OK! Maybe I can change it on the auctions. Too late probably... frown.gif

Actually, all of the prices are "OK" so far except that dime. I'm a bit disappointed at a $2.50 price at this point. I guess that is my comupance for changing $2.50 too much on the stupid postage. 893frustrated.gif

jom

PS: You should have mentioned this earlier you dingus. These are the first really "cheap" coins I've sold here...that I remember anyway. laugh.gif

What's a dingus??? grin.gif

It's a schmoe named Marguli. 893whatthe.gif

EDIT: I'm amazed a selling thread for moderns actually goes to two pages. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Unfortunately, it probably isn't going to reflect in any huge sales tonight. laughy.gif

jom

Welcome to my world on the Roosevelt dime! foreheadslap.gif I had eleven of them for auction on ebay and they closed last week. Granted, the images weren't the best, however, they were nicely toned coins. Here are some of the magnificent prices I received on them-

1950-D PCGS MS66 $5.50

1953 PCGS MS66 $4.00

1957 PCGS MS66 $5.50

At least you are charging them $5 shipping, I only charge them $2! insane.gif

I guess you could say I did really swell. sumo.gif

I should have dumped this one last year. I had bought a number of those times for 10X those amounts sometime in late 2002. I just knew once they instituted the FB designation the non-FB coins would depress in price. And I'd say $5 for these is depressed. 27_laughing.gif

BTW, I wrote up the invoice at $3 for the postage once the auction finished.

jom

Jeez, Tom, at those numbers *I* may even have bought a few... That reminds me that maybe I should check my Dansco of silver Roosies to see if I can get rich like you too!

EVP