• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diagnostics to determine if a dateless T-1 Standing Quarter is a 1916?

10 posts in this topic

Is there any way to make a very weak dated SLQ stand out more? If not, how closely does NGC look for a date? Do they use a microscope?

I ask b/c I just pulled what I think might be a 1916 SLQ out of a silver junk bin at a local pawn shop. I don't know if I'm seeing a "6" or if my wishful thinking is getting the better of me!

You shouldn't need to be able to read the date to know what you have. Try this link :

See here

Edited to add:

In this instance, your question is being answered, and quickly, despite your somewhat vague thread title. Your chances of success would have been increased, by asking, more specifically, what you really wanted to know: "Diagnostics to determine if a dateless T-1 Standing Quarter is a 1916?"

You shouldn't need to be able to read the date to know what you have. Try this link :

See here

Edited to add:

In this instance, your question is being answered, and quickly, despite your somewhat vague thread title. Your chances of success would have been increased, by asking, more specifically, what you really wanted to know: "Diagnostics to determine if a dateless T-1 Standing Quarter is a 1916?"

Thank you Mr. Feld. I'll have a looksie at the coin, and take some pics after dinner.

Mark, thanks for the link. This a type 1 with a lot of wear. I'm leaning towards 1916. What do you people think? It's way too worn around the head to see the beading.

Thanks

slqndt11.jpg

slqndt12.jpg

Sorry, I believe that you have a 1917. The base of the gown does not look close enough to Liberty's leg for it to be a 1916.

I gave up looking at fold and hair and dot - dashes around perimeter

the upper right of shield has small rivets than type 1 reverse

the gown under the right arm has a dark strip in 1916's but not in 1917's

1916.jpg