• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

As W.K.F says it----A MESSAGE FROM THE GODS!!!!!! posted by Six Mile Rick

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

What a conversation I had TODAY!!!

Friends and Society--

The day started off regular----No work so I hung out at a friends business looking for remodel jobs that may come up. I got a small one where a 150' barn wall was falling and 50' of roof was on the ground. I took my tractor and truck full of tools and got the girl standing with most of a ridge look. Tomorrow I will build a temporary wall inside the barn and fix the broken trusses to re construct the block wall that has fallen.

After I finished the work for the day I decided to contact a person that had 1000s of un-searched rolls of pennies looking for coins for my 100 Modern set. We had a short conversation on the phone that turned into a LONG conversation. Seems that he has been collecting rolls of wheats and other coins for years and does not have the good vision he had earlier and needs someone to search his coins for varieties.

I am to meet him on Saturday and the rolls of coins -- that have never been opened since his purchases in the last 20 years. I am probably going to look like a kid in a candy store again and I can't wait to meet this guy and his coins. He is interested in opening a store and already has his license " looking for a non-invest partner. This may become a very good visit this weekend and I will keep you posted as to where it leads me.

Later----Rick

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Awesome Rick! Sounds like you will be having a lot of fun cherry picking those rolls! I hope you hit the jackpot and it leads to something mutually lucrative for both of you!

Gary

I think that is my favorite part of collecting..getting to look through old collections of stuff and who knows what goodies might be found. Thrill of the chase and all that. Good luck and report back what you find.

Actually he is not a member of PCGS nor NGC and I will push him a little to be a NGC Dealer as the coins I pick will need a (mass) to enjoy and collect.

The day may be very interesting and I may be able to locate plenty of hard to find varieties for all of the club members as well as myself.

Later-----Rick

Ken actually told me he had 2 1956 D/D and I told him I was intrerested in other coins. Later to return home and check NGC census to find less than 100 graded. WOW!!!

Yep---may be a fun venture.

LATER-----