• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Spangled Banner is now in my Collection! posted by NAS Fallon Firefighter

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

2 very nice coinsjoin my growing collection

Hi everybody,

I would like to share my latest additions to my Modern Commemorative collection...the Proof and MS strikes of the Star Spangled Banner. The Mint did a much better job with this coin then the Infantry design that came out earlier this year.

The MS version has NGC's new "FIRST RELEASE" label. Now I don't know what that really means or what the difference is from the "EARLY RELEASE" tag. But to quote NGC..." Use this special NGC designation to show that your coins are the first from the Mint!". I dont' know if they were the first from the Mint but I guess NGC means you ordered them and got them to NGC first...or at least within their 30 day window! LABEL MADNESS! Anyways, I have a sample in my collection.

These will most likely be the last I add to my coin collection for a few months. I am turning my attention and funds to add a few pieces to my collection of firefighter memorabilia. An old style fire alarm pull box and some brass hand tools and nozzles would good very nicely with my hydrant and extinguishers.

Best of luck in all your endeavors

Jeffrey

11006.JPG

See more journals by NAS Fallon Firefighter

Great looking piece! I too collect old firefighter memorabilia. My wife and I used to be firefighters, and both of our fathers are firefighters and we came from different states. I think we were meant to be. Anyway, good luck with your FF memorabilia endeavor!

Jeffrey;

Really nice additions. Much better as you said then the infantry design. Hey, when time allows why don't you share a photo or two of your FF memorabilia for all of us here. I for one would like to see them.

Again really nice additions !!!!! and Great photo's too !!!!

Mike

Jeffrey,

They are a beautiful pair of ladies. that proof really pops. It's nice to see that the mint gets it right every now and then.

Malcolm

I have been looking at these and I really like that MS example, great photos and ditto on the request from Moondoogy, love to see some. I get the chance to work with Wildland Fire Fighters in my work and I have great respect for the work Fire Fighters do, you guy's rock!

Love these coins... I have several examples up on eBay right now. I didn't pay the extra $6 for the First Release / Early Release label, so they are just the standard brown label. There are PF69UC, PF70UC and MS70 examples, so gettem while they are hot ;) (look for coin-aholic)!

My Great-Grandfather was a volunteer Firefighter in Newtown, NY back in the 1890-1900s. He drove the long wagon with the ladders and buckets. If I can find the photo, I'll post it.