• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal Scam

15 posts in this topic

Hey everybody just a reminder that any email asking for your info is more then likly a scam. I just received an email from "service@paypall.com" telling me my account was limited. Here is the email(below). *****I changed a few things like my last name**** There are links in the email* PayPals real address is "service@paypal.com" Note the added "L" in the fake address.

Hello Ben ****,

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal

system. We recently contacted you after noticing an issue on your account.

We requested information from you for the following reason:

A recent review of your account determined that we require some additional

information from you in order to provide you with secure service.

Case ID Number: PP-294-787-238

This is a second reminder to log in to PayPal

as soon as possible. Once you log

in, you will be provided with steps to restore your account access.

Be sure to log in securely by using the following link:

Click here to

login and restore your account access

Once you log in, you will be provided with steps to restore your

account access. We appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure account

safety.

In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement, your account access will remain

limited until the issue has been resolved. Unfortunately, if access to your

account remains limited for an extended period of time, it may result in further

limitations or eventual account closure. We encourage you to log in to your

PayPal account as soon as possible to help avoid this.

To review your account and some or all of the information that PayPal used to

make its decision to limit your account access, please visit the Resolution

Center. If, after reviewing your account information, you seek further

clarification regarding your account access, please contact PayPal by visiting

the Help Center and clicking "Contact Us".

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that

this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We

apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

PayPal Account Review Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you

will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account

and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal Email ID PP-294-787-238

I sell on ebay and know others here do too so just a heads up about this scam.

Its a well set up scam. When you click the link it will take you to Paypal's log on. It also asks you to run Adobe(my virus protection flaged it), which never pops up when I go to paypal. I'm guessing the adobe pop up is a virus. Another odd thing about the email is the font. The font is like a type writer's font. No paypal logos or normal paypal style email format.

I sent a copy to paypal, waiting to hear back still.

I sent a copy to paypal, waiting to hear back still.

Careful. They might charge you 2.9%. :devil:

jom

I used my $45 million from Nigeria to buy a sinking island in the Pacific. I will fly scammers, spammers and child molesters there for a free vacation -- which they can enjoy as the island slowly sinks into the sea and they become shark food.

I have gotten Emails like that several times. The font is off and the logos are blurry. What the scammers do is mirror the real paypal.com login/home page, alter the HTML codes and the HTTPS certs. so that IF you do login on the fraud screen, you get a trojan virus that leeches your computers registry. The virus that has been most commonly used for the Paypal scam emails has a keystroke recorder codex. And they will have all your info that you enter online unless the website has good encryption software.

And you can report the scam emails to Paypal's security all you want, but they never have looked into anything about these scams. They want you to be able to report it so you think that it will be stopped and your info will be safe.

Paypal is a joke, they are just as bad as the hackers and scammers. In the past 4 years, Paypal's "security model" froze my acct 15 times because the amount of money transfered was high and their BS system thought I was laundering money. The only reason I have not closed my acct is because they will not let me because of some other BS red flag they dreamed up.

There is also a current federal investigation into Paypal. I work in a gov't subcontracting security firm who has been monitoring Ecommerce between Paypal, online businesses and account holders. All I can say is that sooner or later Paypal will have to face the music for violations ranging from failure to report internet crimes, all the way to huge fines for abusing their own policies and having policies that break state or federal laws.

Heres an example. If you get sent $300 from a friend as a gift or payment owed, but then paypal removes that money from your account without notice or justification, that is illegal because although your account is with Paypal, they cannot remove funds from any account unless it was given to the user as a line of credit. Paypal will tell you that their security model flagged it as suspicious activity and you will need to wait for the system to rescan your account (scans are random so you could get that cash back in a week or 2 years.)

Just be careful any always read a websites privacy policy and user agreements and terms of use prior to making an account with a website.

I closed my PayPal account. I stripped all the financial numbers and accounts out and when PayPal gave me excuses for why they could not close it, I contacted my state Attorney General's Office. It was closed immediately.

Ebay acts more like a sovereign nation than like an American corporation! That is just another reason to not belong. Pretty soon, Ebay will probably start collecting their own income taxes from members.

ive been wondering how they get away with making sellers take paypal only. they say at the end of auction BUYER can request a different type of payment but there is never an option.

ebay owns paypal and they charge the people for using it. so i am being FORCED to lose 3% more.

i am being punished by ebay for taking a break and not selling as much as i used to. meaning my listing dont get shown as usual (but still have to pay the same listing fees)and my funds are held. how can they tell me to ship an item when the funds arent available as to their own rules. they hold my funds until like a month has passed or the buyer leaves feedback. also at this time my debit card was shut down or something. they say its system error but it still isnt fixed. bet it will be fixed when the punishment stops! it just happened to start being declined at the time my punishment started.

i am up to standards but not up to the power seller or top seller anymore. so i get punished for it. i asked them how all these folks can be leaving me feedback that they are happy, but be below standards. they said it couldnt happen that a buyer leave good feedback and low star ratings. i said i dont see any other way it could be happening and they changed subject on me.

These practices are probably illegal, they are not a chartered US bank and really can't continue to operate outside the law with people's money. They certainly are anticompetitive with PayPal and I am surprised that a class action suit has not nailed them already for anticompetitive practices.

Some State's Attorney or CC company will eventually take them down but I just wanted out of their rotating rat wheel in the meantime. Sorry that you are having so much trouble, Ant. They are acting like they own you.

I THOUGHT IT WAS BAD BEFORE! NOW IM PISSED!

went to sell a flute that is silver in bullion section and got this messege. so now i cant sell certin things, and the things i can sell wont be shown in normal search! who do these nazis think they are?

all because these damn people on ebay think they get their item next day!

for 2 months ive been shipping the next day and everything they have asked and yet to no prevail! this has to be their way of weeding out the lil guys!

124430.jpg.b639d31492b5ef926454b6a6a7732f3b.jpg