• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a coin you've owned for at least 20 years.

34 posts in this topic

These are all wonderful. I would like to share but have never figured how to upload a photo to a post. Can upload the Avatar but gave up on photos after many attempts. If anyone can direct me to a post where there are instructions, I would be very appreciated. If not, still appreciated the pictures and stories.

US Type3.jpg

I bought this coin sometime between 1974 and 1976 and submitted it to NGC for grading some years ago. At that time they did not have details grading and they sent it back to me ungraded/improperly cleaned. I thought to sell the coin and opined about it in a journal post. This is when another CS member who read my post suggested I rethink selling, because it sounded to him like it was a family heirloom. I changed mind and sent it back to NGC some years later for details grading and was pleasantly surprised to have my coin returned to me with the full grade of XF-40! This coin barring a catastrophe will remain in my collection for life.

Gary