• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still plugging away

8 posts in this topic

Scored another Washington quarter for my 32-64 ms set

I won a ms 66 1939 D last night on ebay.not a rare one by no means,but they dont come up that often for auction.after I won I checked ebay buy it now listings for the same coin.I found two listings,one about 2.5 times higher,the other 3 times higher than what I paid.Maybe just my way to feel like I got a deal

10906.jpg

See more journals by jayman1970

Every once in a while a BIN comes in at a good price (I got one last night), but more often than not, I too have found E-Bay BINs to be WAAAY overpriced. Good Pick up!!! (thumbs u

Gary

Nice one. I bought my 1939-D NGC MS-66 in a David Lawrence auction a few years ago. They aren't "rare" but MS-67's sure are (expensive, too).

Occasionally I run across a really good deal on an ebay BIN. For lower priced items, it's sometimes not worth the effort to find a lower price when the BINs are in the $20 - $30 range. Once in a great while a seller either doesn't check prices before listing or doesn't check his item closely and I wind up with a bargain, like the 1946 DDR Walker, NGC MS-64 that I got in a BIN for around $200. As greysoldier says, sometimes there are excellent opportunities, but it takes patience to find them.

Good luck in finding your next deal!

I am a firm believer in patience.I sometimes bid on the same year coin in 10 to 15 auctions before I win.Two years ago I won 1948 D washington ms66 for 29.00.that coin at auction at that time averaged about 60.00.It took about a dozen auctions to win that one!!!

Jay you have a great quarter set there. Far better than my collection thus far. Sounds like you are a very good picker when it comes to pricing.

Keep up the good buys--- Summer time is the best ride!!!!