• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bye!!

81 posts in this topic

Hey Jaime - Take care bud

My Take on this is that your life has become somewhat complex and stressful and you , like most of us, use these boards as a way to wind down and a way of relaxation. Perhaps you did not enjoy the board as much as usual because of these extenuating circumstance ...

I do not know of what post you speak but I myself have gotten verbally abused for posting my opinion on topics I have pretty good knowledge. It gets to me occaisionally but I get over it and move on.

People have their ups and downs and will always be that way so you would obviously expect that to be transferred to the board too.

Here however I believe the group of guys/gals assembled are of pretty good quality of character and good natured as they come.

I would like to think that you will reconsider returning in the future as your input is as important as any others here on the boards.

With that being said , Take care friend and may life take better turns for you in the future

Kind Regards

Mike

Great response, Arch, and I am happy for it.

I always looked at their banner ad sigline as SPAM and didn't appreciate its affect on viewing posts (it was very distracting).

Glad you are looking out and, if someone gets upset over something like that, in a business not their own and they are not paying for any service, then they should leave as they are obviously not there to benefit the community at all. Too self-serving on their part.

I think most of us wish you well in your future endevors. Hope you see a benefit and re-connect at some point in time.

This is one forum which is not only friendly but informative. I appreciate NGC and the opportunity to share. As to the forum, there is very little trash which is aired considering the number of members which share their thoughts. At times, one can agree to disagree.

I personally appreciate many of the members who share their thoughts and expertise. Shane (Kryptonite) led me to join when I had questions. Chris and a whole bunch of others kept my interest in their post regarding Morgans.

And then there is collectors like Boiler. When they post, you just know something special is going to be seen. Although my interest in collecting is specific to GSA's, I have certainly learned a bunch by reading informative post from others like Schatzy. I'm not a dime collector but have appreciated your post, photo's and imput. Best of luck and hope we hear from you again.

Chet

Well it has been 3 weeks since I last posted. I needed to take care of some things in my life.

Well today was a slow day at work and I got off at noon. I spent a few hours reading post that

I had missed. I soon discovered I no longer care for this place. This place has really changed

since I first joined and I really don't care for what it has become. What happened to education

and learning more about this wonderful hobby. There is far to many bashing post of people or the

coins that they bought or thinking of buying. People should be able to collect what they like.

Just because you don't collect it doesn't mean you have to look down on people that do.

So I didn't decided this will be my last post. Bye everyone!!

You must be reading different threads than the ones I read. I see very little of the type of posts that you described. Sorry you feel that way.

As usual, I agree with Mark! I have not in any fashion noticed an uptick in "bashing" threads.

Hope you change your mind. The boards are only what you make of them.

I don’t know what problems these guys have here. I’ll tell you this. If you think that people are rude and aggressive here, don’t even think about posting ATS. I’ve been beat up over there quite often it’s hard to count. My “sins” have ranged from warning collectors about the dangers of paying too much for ultra high grade modern to coins to not responding a private message. One guy even threatened me with physical harm when I used the word “Chinaman.”

No compared to ATS the members on this sight are a group of ladies and gentleman.

:applause:

I post on both sites quite frequently, and my perception is, this site is much more civil. Some people may consider honesty as bashing, and I suppose it can be if not phrased correctly. However, If someone ask for an opinion about a coin, and I feel the coin has problems, I will let them know. I would want someone to do the same if I posted a coin.

JJ

The last time I checked we don't have an unabridged-dictionary sized Terms of Use. That link is in my sig, Mr. Feld.

Read this:

http://purelynumismatics.com/Thread-The-Goal-of-Purely-Numismatics

CC

Interesting. Just to clarify, apparently this person is upset at this PM from me:

"Hello,

Graphical advertisements for promotional entities are not allowed in signatures on the boards, as it conflicts with paid advertisers. Please remove the banner ad in your signature.

You can use text links, though. "

This is an established policy that has been in place since 2007 (here). Its purpose is to allow the paid advertisers to have a unique presence on the boards for their money.

We do sell a certain amount of advertising on these boards as a way to generate revenue that offsets the costs of both maintaining them and improving them. 5 million + posts and loads of active users costs some money to host appropriately.

Apparently this person is upset at this policy as they were clearly hoping to prominently advertise a competitive community. I'm sorry, but it's not allowed. If you'd like to promote something so aggressively, you may want to consider paid advertising options. Although it's unlikely that we would accept paid advertising from a competitive web presence there are alot of venues (Coin World, etc.) that have a good audience of collectors that would love to do business with you.

Good luck with your goals, but please conform to our moderation policies while here.

Thanks!

Arch

:headbang:

He is 16 years old what else would you expect from a kid

Well, he was notified by Arch, removed it, and then put it back for a post in another thread. This is the kind of conduct we don't need.

Chris

...sorry to hear you are leaving, schatzy and i'm sorry you are unhappy. i was a little confused when i read:

...you might want to edit the statement to be more clear.

Well it has been 3 weeks since I last posted. I needed to take care of some things in my life.

Well today was a slow day at work and I got off at noon. I spent a few hours reading post that

I had missed. I soon discovered I no longer care for this place. This place has really changed

since I first joined and I really don't care for what it has become. What happened to education

and learning more about this wonderful hobby. There is far to many bashing post of people or the

coins that they bought or thinking of buying. People should be able to collect what they like.

Just because you don't collect it doesn't mean you have to look down on people that do.

I just recieved this post from one of the members in an e-mail, so I must post my reply.

Schatzy you are talking about to many people being bashed on this forum, well I WAS by YOU and I felt hurt and miserable for a few days and I left the forum because off you. I was never bashed by anyone on any of the forums I belong to except by you because I removed my listing from ebay.

Some day I hope you feel the way I did but not for revenge but for the learning of how it feels on the recieving end.

I trully wish you good luck in your endeavors and I hope you succeed in every way possible and I hope you change your mind as I have truly missed this forum and the friends I have on it. God Bless, Charlie

This confuses me; is this just a typographical error?

Seems like everyone missed the "didn't decided." Could be a typo, could be something else. Only Jaimie knows????

Carl

I was wondering the same thing, Hmmmmmm

Well, if this whole shjtstorm is about a banner that never belonged in the first place being asked to be taken down maybe leaving is just ones way to save face, I dunno. Without an explanation we can speculate from now til the end of time.

Time to let this thread die. IMO

Seems like everyone missed the "didn't decided." Could be a typo, could be something else. Only Jaimie knows????

Carl

Context infers it as a typo and probably meant to read ..

"So I decided this will be my last post.BYE everyone!!"

Of course this is my interpretation also :)

Well, if this whole shjtstorm is about a banner that never belonged in the first place being asked to be taken down maybe leaving is just ones way to save face, I dunno. Without an explanation we can speculate from now til the end of time.

Time to let this thread die. IMO

The banner was collateral damage...methinks it was all about some of the threads started by a new poster that created disruption in the community...that and not keeping abreast of issues and popping in at the wrong time had a lot to do with the decision to suspend operations.

My Dad used to tell me, "Roll with the punches boy!"

So I decided this will be my last post. Bye everyone!!

There's the story of the old man and the young boy going from town to town with a mule. They come to the first town, and the young boy is on the mule, and they hear the townspeople muttering, "Look at that mean young boy riding on that mule and making that poor old man walk." So, they come to the next town, and the old man gets on the mule, and they hear the townspeople muttering, "Look at that mean old man riding on that mule and making that poor young boy walk." So, they come to the next town, and they both get on the mule, and they hear the townspeople muttering, "Look at that mean old man and mean young boy both riding on that poor mule." So, they come to the last town, and they both get off the mule, and they hear the townspeople muttering, "Look at that dumb old man and dumb young boy, they've got a mule, and they're both walking!"

Moral of the story, you're going to be criticized, no matter what you do...get used to it!

There's the story of the old man and the young boy going from town to town with a mule. They come to the first town, and the young boy is on the mule, and they hear the townspeople muttering, "Look at that mean young boy riding on that mule and making that poor old man walk." So, they come to the next town, and the old man gets on the mule, and they hear the townspeople muttering, "Look at that mean old man riding on that mule and making that poor young boy walk." So, they come to the next town, and they both get on the mule, and they hear the townspeople muttering, "Look at that mean old man and mean young boy both riding on that poor mule." So, they come to the last town, and they both get off the mule, and they hear the townspeople muttering, "Look at that dumb old man and dumb young boy, they've got a mule, and they're both walking!"

Moral of the story, you're going to be criticized, no matter what you do...get used to it!

BINGO!

BINGO!

you cant make everyone happy :)