• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1923-s Walker

12 posts in this topic

What is the best guess at the grade on this one?

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

This is from my "vault". I assigned a grade in 1975. Let's see how close the board is to my 1975 self-assigned grade is.

Looks Good to me. At this level, G-4 vs. G-6 doesn't really make a difference.

Maybe not as far as price goes but if you want to be technically accurate it does.

Maybe not as far as price goes but if you want to be technically accurate it does.

Well, on common coins maybe, but on key coins such as The 1916D Mercury Dime, the difference between a 4 and a 6 can mean close to $300. On a 1901S Barber Quarter? A few thousand. So there is a HUGE difference as far as price and grade.

CC

Well, on common coins maybe, but on key coins such as The 1916D Mercury Dime, the difference between a 4 and a 6 can mean close to $300. On a 1901S Barber Quarter? A few thousand. So there is a HUGE difference as far as price and grade.

CC

I interpret his comment to be date and mint mark specific (or at least common date specific). No one is debating that generally G4s and G6s are treated differently (i.e in terms of price realized) for better date coins.

CC, you are correct. What I meant was, on this particular coin splitting hairs doesn't make a difference. Either way, its still a $15 coin. Its a nice, solid, great coin for an album.