• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Dip

11 posts in this topic

I have a Morgan Dollar that was improperly dipped by its previous owner, and now the tell tale signs are visible. I am planning to dip the coin. What solution (i.e. brand name) do you recommend?

I have a Morgan Dollar that was improperly dipped by its previous owner, and now the tell tale signs are visible. I am planning to dip the coin. What solution (i.e. brand name) do you recommend?

First, don't automatically assume it must be redipped! MS70 may be a safer alternative. Before even that, try simple acetone.

Yesterday, I acetoned a gunky Morgan dollar, and one quick and simple rinse removed all the garbage. (It was not a particularly expensive one, however.)

E-z-est is what what I use but rarely. I agree with acetone first, there is no risk and it's always worth a try.

MS70 is powerful stuff but it won't take any metal off like dip will.