• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which coin are you currently "hunting"?

54 posts in this topic

It's the last hole in my Lincoln '09 to present MS Red/Red-Brown set. A 1955 DD 61 or 62 RB (and no, I did not include the '22 no D - my pockets are not that deep)

You never know. When I was young, I went to a coin show and picked up one of the so called "unsearched' bags of wheat cents. True to the dealer's word, it had to be unsearched by him. I found a 1940 red proof cent, a 1922 no D (weak reverse) cent although the coin had some damage, and various early branch mint coins in VF-XF or so. All in all, I was happy.

Yeah, but that was back in 1941. They didn't mint the 55's until you were older. :signfunny:

It's the last hole in my Lincoln '09 to present MS Red/Red-Brown set. A 1955 DD 61 or 62 RB (and no, I did not include the '22 no D - my pockets are not that deep)

You never know. When I was young, I went to a coin show and picked up one of the so called "unsearched' bags of wheat cents. True to the dealer's word, it had to be unsearched by him. I found a 1940 red proof cent, a 1922 no D (weak reverse) cent although the coin had some damage, and various early branch mint coins in VF-XF or so. All in all, I was happy.

Yeah, but that was back in 1941. They didn't mint the 55's until you were older. :signfunny:

:roflmao::preach::)

Actually, I am in my 20s so this was about 10 years ago.

:roflmao::preach::)

Actually, I am in my 20s so this was about 10 years ago.

I figured that. My comment was not meant to be taken too seriously.

1950 Franklin PF-65 CAM. Closing in on it (maybe) ATS.

Guy backed out ATS. It happens. These should not be THAT hard to find!

Jim, I haven't proclaimed it much, but I am looking for the exact same coin as well! And... it is proving to be very elusive for me, too. Unless, of course, I want to pay stupid money (which I do not).

Jim, I haven't proclaimed it much, but I am looking for the exact same coin as well! And... it is proving to be very elusive for me, too. Unless, of course, I want to pay stupid money (which I do not).

The coin is difficult to locate in 65 cameo because these are in high demand. If you look at the prices realized, you will see a huge jump between a 65 and 66 cameo with a much smaller margin between the lower grades; thus, it is the optimal collecting grade. I am experiencing these issues with this same series and proof mercury dimes (to a lesser extent).

See PM. Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure what coin I am currently hunting, all I know is that I will know it when I see it as there are so many that I want to find. But the trick for me is that I don't want to find it in a TPG slab as that takes away a lot of the "fun" or "thrill" out of the hunt for me. Which shouldn't be too difficult as its a modern coin. But, that is my collecting preference that isn't soon to change. I don't look at how much of a return I could possibly get from my hobby, I just enjoy the coins themselves and haven't had to consider selling the coins from the series that my interest is in.

Actually thinking about it some more, I'm hunting cameo franklins, don't matter how low the grade is, I just love the cameo look of proof franks
I like the look too! I hope to finish my set within a year or so.

Octagonal Pan Pac

Draped bust small eagle dollar

Dare I ask the grade of the Dollar ?

I'm at the Baltimore show - at table 310.

MY LIST! If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be MUCH APPRECIATED!!! Pleeeease. :)

All Mercury Dimes:

1935-S/S FS-501 in Mint State, prefer Full Bands

1941 DDO FS-101 in Mint State, prefer Full Bands

1942-Inverted S FS-501 in Mint State, prefer Full Bands

1945 DDO FS-901 in Mint State, prefer Full Bands

1945-D/Horizontal D FS-506 in Mint State, prefer Full Bands

1945-S/Horizontal S FS-503 in Mint State, prefer Full Bands

All are in the Cherrypickers' Guide 5th Edition Volume II.

Why on earth would anyone reveal this information to other potential competitors?

Not everyone thinks that people are against them. For the most part members of this forum try to help people out.

PCGS graded half-cents from 1794, 1797, 1802/0, 1803, and 1804

Nice and quality pieces. AU for the 1803 and 1804.

F12 for the 1802/0.

Probably VF-XF for 1794 and 1797 (would like the "over 1" for the 1797).

Only times I have seen a few that would meet what I was after, was when they were offered same time as something else and I had to make a decision. Still waiting for some nice 'uns to pop back up.