• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PF-66 Merc dime pickup

19 posts in this topic

OMG!!!!!! I LIKE (LOVE) IT!!! UH HUH! UH HUH! I LIKE IT!!!!!

I LOVE Mercs, proofs are icing on the cake!! I hope to own one someday! NICE, NICE COIN!!! Congrats on yet another pickup bud!!!!

CC

Here's one more pickup....a PF-66 Mercury. 1941's are tough above 65.

The NGC Census shows 1,415 graded above PR65 out of 2,589 total. And each of those numbers is higher than for all dates other than the 1942.

I love the look of a well struck Merc and this is one of those proofs I would be a player for. VERY nice ....Looks like you've been busy buying coins and having some real fun.... :applause:

I love the look of a well struck Merc and this is one of those proofs I would be a player for. VERY nice ....Looks like you've been busy buying coins and having some real fun.... :applause:

I am checking off my "want list" coins while the price is right. One of these days I will pick up a Gobrecht.

The NGC Census shows 1,415 graded above PR65 out of 2,589 total. And each of those numbers is higher than for all dates other than the 1942.

And you posted this for what reason? Please clarify, as I do not seem to understand the reason for your post. Thank You.

And you posted this for what reason? Please clarify, as I do not seem to understand the reason for your post. Thank You.

I posted it because I believe your comment that "1941's are tough above 65" amounted to misinformation. They are not "tough above 65", based on the number graded 66 and higher compared to the number in all grades, or compared to other dates in the series.

I posted it because I believe your comment that "1941's are tough above 65" amounted to misinformation. They are not "tough above 65", based on the number graded 66 and higher compared to the number in all grades, or compared to other dates in the series.

OK. Thanks for the clarification. I personally have found 1941 PF-66 VERY tough to find regardless of the numbers. And I am NOT posting "mis-information" as you suggest and frankly do not appreciate such negative comments on your part. These forums are for us to freely post our opinions from our own experiences. Those that ridicule our opinions are not highly regarded.

OK. Thanks for the clarification. I personally have found 1941 PF-66 VERY tough to find regardless of the numbers. And I am NOT posting "mis-information" as you suggest and frankly do not appreciate such negative comments on your part.

You are most welcome for the clarification. You asked a question and I answered it.

Why do you guys have to be so mean??? Jim is happy because of his nice pickup and someone has to CORRECT the dude. No offence, but a coin can be tough for someone to find in a certain grade!

Jim, personally I think you did well.

CC

Why do you guys have to be so mean??? Jim is happy because of his nice pickup and someone has to CORRECT the dude. No offence, but a coin can be tough for someone to find in a certain grade!

CC

Sorry if anyone thinks I was being mean - that wasn't my intent. If Jim had said that he'd had a tough time finding that date above grade Proof 65, I wouldn't have commented. But his stating that they are tough at that grade level, is saying something different. And I believe, misleading. Others are free to disagree.

CC

Sorry if anyone thinks I was being mean - that wasn't my intent. If Jim had said that he'd had a tough time finding that date above grade Proof 65, I wouldn't have commented. But his stating that they are tough at that grade level, is saying something different. And I believe, misleading. Others are free to disagree.

d(-_____-)b

Mark, do you realize you just hijacked the thread?? This thread is titled "PF-66 Merc Dime

pickup" not "Are 1941 proof Mercs tough above 65?"

CC

CC

d(-_____-)b

Mark, do you realize you just hijacked the thread?? This thread is titled "PF-66 Merc Dime

pickup" not "Are 1941 proof Mercs tough above 65?"

CC

Curiously, if, for example, Jim had said that PR66's are trading for $500, would you feel that it was bad form for me to "hijack the thread" by stating otherwise? Is anything fair game for a poster to state, without someone commenting on it? Where do you draw the line?

Edited to add: So as not to "hijack this thread" further, I will refrain from posting to it again.