• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1880/9 Toner Opinions Please

21 posts in this topic

I'll guess uncirculated details, artificial or questionable toning. The color progression is odd, and it appears almost as if the toning is sitting on the coin, an indicator of artificial toning. Additionally, as was pointed out, the label appears purple (and indicator of a "details" holder), and I don't see any sign of cleaning or other damage in the images.

yes

1880/9 S VAM 11

Uncirculated Details

Artificially Toned

is exactly what the label says

I was very disapointed in this one I was expecting MS64 *

Well, I'll tell you that is one of the prettier AT coins I've seen if true. Wow.

It sure beats the out of some of those Modern ASE "toners" you see in graded slabs....

jom

I am not convinced that it is AT,, just because NGC says so I think I will send this to Messydesk for his opinion and his pics and his slab.

yes

1880/9 S VAM 11

Uncirculated Details

Artificially Toned

I agree with Jom that it is one of the better looking AT coins that I have seen, and is more convincing than most. I would send it to Messy Desk, but unfortunately, I think he will confirm NGC's diagnosis.

yes

1880/9 S VAM 11

Uncirculated Details

Artificially Toned

I agree with Jom that it is one of the better looking AT coins that I have seen, and is more convincing than most. I would send it to Messy Desk, but unfortunately, I think he will confirm NGC's diagnosis.

I can also add that if Truthteller posted it's AT, then, unfortunately, it's probably AT. He's pretty good with that stuff....

jom

I just wanted to post more pics of the twin sister, and again thank you guys for your opinions and expertise

and here is the other coin I submitted with it

P1010031.jpg

P1010030.jpg

here are the girls side by side

P1010034.jpg

P1010039.jpg

thanks

they were both taken out of old american savings holders

the one on the left slabbed as ms62 ....and we already know the story on the right one...

It's probable they are both NT but only the coin on the left is market acceptable. I have seen plenty of Tidy House Morgans with a similar look as your coin on the right and some grade and some bag so (shrug)