• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think this has potential

7 posts in this topic

Nice high grade coin. Not the best toning that I've seen but I bet that it looks better in hand.........that's about as honest as I can be.

I bet those rims have some nice reds or violets that are not shown in the images.

Nice high grade coin. Not the best toning that I've seen but I bet that it looks better in hand.........that's about as honest as I can be.

I bet those rims have some nice reds or violets that are not shown in the images.

it sure does look like that walkerfan, dosent it :)

I see some marks on Franklin's face which would lead me to call this an MS-64. Check out his jaw and to the left of his cheek. The obverse toning is okay if that is your sort of thing, but the blotchiness of the reverse toning would not be type of look that I admire.

It's difficult to give an honest opinion with the photos as presented. I do agree with BillJones though, there are definitely cheek abrasions which would have a negative impact on the overall grade. As for the toning, I personally don't dislike it, but I do however dislike the " blotchy" reverse. I'd prefer to decline to offer an opinion on the over-all grade at this time.

I bought it to fill a hole about a year ago but have decided it's just not very attractive so I posted it (for too much money) on E-Bay. If it sells that's fine. If I keep it , back to the hole it goes.

Thanks for the input.