• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Only 8 PCGS coins left posted by VUMC409

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

One will be crossed over

In total I have only 8 PCGS coins left in all of my Lincoln sets and they all happen to be in my #8 of Lincoln Memorials. Seven of the coins will be replaced and one will be crossed over.

I have always liked NGC graded coins over PCGS coins. This is partly due to the slab but in most cases I believe high grade coins from NGC look better. My opinion. Only because of the coin availability have I purchased PCGS coins because most believe they are equitable.

For example, the one PCGS coin I will cross over is my 1984 P Lincoln in MS68. PCGS has around 85 coins in MS68 with 6 graded higher in MS69. NGC has only 4 graded in MS68 and none finer.

I know one collector in the top ranks has one so unless I can find one of the other three, it must be crossed over.

NGCs recent actions of late were the final straw. I decided to go ahead and purge my Lincoln sets of PCGS coins. I have already replaced 3 with the others going as they become available.

My opinions, my choices.

Mihcael

10751.JPG

See more journals by VUMC409

Mihcael,

You are doing a swell job on that cent set. I have 4 left in PCGS to cross. All the rest of my cent set looks great in NGC wrappers in their NGC modular container homes.

Later---Rick