• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1837 Capped Bust Half

9 posts in this topic

very nice details

is there any luster?

the only time I bought a coin that dark, it got bagged for whizzed

your coin looks similar - I feel probably cleaned or whizzed in the fields and then artificially darkened to make coin look more pleasing.

I am not sure if it is special for variety or anything, but don't be disappointed if you submit and get a genuine, details

very nice details

is there any luster?

the only time I bought a coin that dark, it got bagged for whizzed

your coin looks similar - I feel probably cleaned or whizzed in the fields and then artificially darkened to make coin look more pleasing.

I am not sure if it is special for variety or anything, but don't be disappointed if you submit and get a genuine, details

Whizzing has nothing to do with color. The coin you bought may have been retoned to hide the whizzing.

The OP's coin looks like an attractive EF-40. The strike is weak, but that is typical for these coins. I don't see any problems (cleaning, etc.) in the pictures provided - looks like a nice original coin.