• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a bunch of Peace Dollar Toners ... either awesome NT but look AT

39 posts in this topic

I know the ones you speak of and, looking at them, I would not buy them as NT if the pictures are the only info.

You're question to the selling, about the "grade" in the PCI holders, was a good one....you should have asked if the labels were red though ;) as the seller saying they were in PCI doesn't say anything about if they were actually graded non-problems.

Since he is relatively new to those boards, I haven't seen enough of him to know if he really knows what he is doing or how upfront he is.

I am quite leery of those peace dollars though (note the lack of luster and how the toning goes....)

I know the ones you speak of and, looking at them, I would not buy them as NT if the pictures are the only info.

You're question to the selling, about the "grade" in the PCI holders, was a good one....you should have asked if the labels were red though ;) as the seller saying they were in PCI doesn't say anything about if they were actually graded non-problems.

Since he is relatively new to those boards, I haven't seen enough of him to know if he really knows what he is doing or how upfront he is.

I am quite leery of those peace dollars though (note the lack of luster and how the toning goes....)

I caught on to this too, and I won't be buying any. lol

why not show the PCI holders and why crack them out? thats odd too. Peace toners that look like that go for massive $$$$ so why not submit them?? I also know the thread, its ATS

I am tempted but dont want to potentially contribute to the success of coin doctors.

Now that being said, the look is identical to the battle creek morgans, yet these are instantly questioned while the batle creeks are revered. My problem with that isnt that I want the peace dollars accepted, but rather if a doctor can do that to a peace dollar than why dont people seem to think one can do it to a morgan? No one bats an eye when a morgan looks like that.

Those coins exhibit some really nice work... if nothing else if you like to collect AT coins that are well done they are certainly worth the asking price. However I see zero chance at getting them into NGC/PCGS plastic.

too bad no pics of coin in PCI holders - oops, they were white then

selling AT on the BST board for $100 - that takes guts

MUMU please link some battle creeks that look like that

I am tempted but dont want to potentially contribute to the success of coin doctors.

Now that being said, the look is identical to the battle creek morgans, yet these are instantly questioned while the batle creeks are revered. My problem with that isnt that I want the peace dollars accepted, but rather if a doctor can do that to a peace dollar than why dont people seem to think one can do it to a morgan? No one bats an eye when a morgan looks like that.

Now that I have viewed images of the Peace Dollars in question - they look nothing like the numerous Battle Creek examples I have seen.

too bad no pics of coin in PCI holders - oops, they were white then

selling AT on the BST board for $100 - that takes guts

MUMU please link some battle creeks that look like that

Well the photogrpahy of these peace$s will make any comparison difficult but surely youve seen morgans, battle creek or not, in holders that look like these havent you?

Now that I have viewed images of the Peace Dollars in question - they look nothing like the numerous Battle Creek examples I have seen.

I agree with you Mark and to top it all off I can tell you who the originally seller was...unique & Toned has sold hundreds of Morgans and peace dollars that look just like these on Ebay. It's pretty obvious the current seller purchased them from this seller on ebay over the past few years and is not trying to flip them with a story.

For those that think I am mistaken...here are some images of AT coins sold by UniqueNtoned on ebay that I saved a few years ago.

Example7.jpg

Example11.jpg

Example15rev.jpg

Example28.jpg

Example29rev.jpg

Example31.jpg

Example32rev.jpg

Example34rev.jpg

Example43.jpg

Example43rev.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Shane.

I knew I had seen the look more than a few times, and that is most likely where.

The single "he's a good guy to deal with" in the thread he has on the PCGS boards is not from someone who knows coins (obviously) but is more into bullion. As such, I didn't count that endorsement at all and continued to just pay attention to the coins and the look....and the look was troubling.

I feel for whatever person(s) bought 3 of them already :(

Shane,

The photos immediately reminded me of cwbyup1051. Have you noticed that he has started including AT in all of his listings these days?

cwbyup1051's current AT Morgans on E-Bay

Yes...UniqueNtoned and cwbyup1051 are the same person....coin doctor for sure and he must have gotten tired of all of the folks sending coins back and now he labels everything AT (thumbs u

Is it just me or do the 3rd 4th and 5th look like they have a doubled die obv.?

Look at the date, the L & I in Liberty, and in "In God We Trust" the "IN".

The 3rd and 5th Peace dollar show a little bump on the nose also.

I just wanted to point that out. I hve heard some Peace dollars have VAM's, so I am interested to know if those 1922's are DDO's.

-Dave

I was in no way aarguing these to be NT, for the record.

I didn't think you were. But you did write "the look is identical to the battle creek morgans," and that was way off the mark.

Can we get a link please?

Nick

Toned Peace dollars LINK

Thanks Pat. What do you think of them?

Every single one of those is blatantly AT. Not even close to anything natural - there is no question in my mind that every single one is artificial. Some of them might be attractive, but they are all doctored.

I was in no way aarguing these to be NT, for the record.

I didn't think you were. But you did write "the look is identical to the battle creek morgans," and that was way off the mark.

Well there are thousands of battle creek morgans arent there? Ive seen some with these kind of bands that look like liquid color circulating the coin. Can i find them at the drop of a hat, not really i never really liked the battle creeks enough to save the photos

Can we get a link please?

Nick

Toned Peace dollars LINK

Thanks Pat. What do you think of them?

Every single one of those is blatantly AT. Not even close to anything natural - there is no question in my mind that every single one is artificial. Some of them might be attractive, but they are all doctored.

(thumbs u

I find none of them attractive, and all of them look synthesized to me.

(My new term these days is "synthesized toning" - ST.)