• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An astute grader in North Carolina?

9 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I was a very serious coin collector for some time, but a short while ago I gave it up and started collecting comics.

I have a complete, high grade Dasco Lincoln album from 1909-2007 including proof only S mints. The 09-S VDB, 14-D and 22 No D were cracked out of PCGS holders, but the rest of the collection I purchased raw.

I might be looking to sell the collection, but that would require about 200-300 or so of the remaining coins to be graded. I think I'm good enough to be close, but I'd like to hire someone who can predict NGC and PCGS grades with a high level of accuracy for Lincoln cents.

There's a few dealers in town, but I know that even their knowledge can vary greatly. So if there are any board members who would be willing to assess them, or if you can recommend a dealer who has the grading skill I would appreciate referrals. I would be willing to pay the person for their time assuming they're not wanting to charge an extraordinary fee.

I live in Fayetteville, and the nearest large city is Raleigh.

Thank you for any suggestions.

- Sean

Got family in Raleigh, but I would recommend Andy Skrabalak in Virgina.

email: buycoins@angeldees.com

Phone: (703) 580-6969 (10 AM-10PM)

Andy will treat you right.

Sean, I'd be glad to help, but it would require you to ship the items to St. Louis.

Given that quantity of coins, you may not want to get them certified due to volume cost, but those types of collections tend to do really well in Scotsman sales.

Sean, I'd be glad to help, but it would require you to ship the items to St. Louis.

Given that quantity of coins, you may not want to get them certified due to volume cost, but those types of collections tend to do really well in Scotsman sales.

When you say Scotsman sales, I'm assuming that's an auction house?

When you say Scotsman sales, I'm assuming that's an auction house?

Correct. To avoid spamming the boards, please send me a PM if you would like more information.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Scotsman, but am compensated by them for cataloging duties.

I will also recommend Andy he really knows is way around the lincoln cent series and will treat you very well...

I will also recommend Andy he really knows is way around the lincoln cent series and will treat you very well...

I did call him. Unfortunately he would require me to mail away my coins instead of bringing them to him in person. I have no reason to question his integrity and he obviously has a great reputation here, but I'm just not comfortable mailing off coins of that dollar to someone I don't know.

I appreciate the suggestion though.

I did call him. Unfortunately he would require me to mail away my coins instead of bringing them to him in person. I have no reason to question his integrity and he obviously has a great reputation here, but I'm just not comfortable mailing off coins of that dollar to someone I don't know.

I appreciate the suggestion though.

The Baltimore-Whitman Coin Expo is coming up in three weeks. Why not go there and ask the dealers directly? Plus, you may also find some other items that you will like.

I wish you luck.