• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curious, Could The Other Shoe Be Preparing to Drop?

12 posts in this topic

Or am I just reading too much into this.

Folks,

I just purchased a Clad 1976S PCGS PF68 DCAM Eisenhower Dollar for my Proof Ike set. When I attempted to add him to my registry set the ADD would not save at all.

I then added the IKE to my holding via the Collection Manager then ADDED the Ike to the set by pulling it from the Collection Manager entry. Well, the Ike added on Friday morning and has been PENDING ever since. But here is the weird part, the coins PCGS registration number, 20648010, shows in the Cert Number slot as 20648-010. NGC Style. I have never seen that error before.

Could they already be working behind the scenes to delete our ability to add PCGS coins to U.S. sets? Is it just another of their frequent software glitches? What the Heck, this is all weird. Am I OK with that, probably, but it would be nice to see where the proverbial shoe falls.

Later,

Malcolm

10673.jpg

See more journals by BeawChan

The problem sounds like a simple software glitch to me. I bet you dollars to donuts that when Dena verifies the PCGS number of your coin Monday morning everything will be corrected.

I have had PCGS coins pending for several days before when adding them to my sets so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions as of yet. And although I am one of the very few, I wish NGC would prohibit PCGS coins from competing in the NGC registry. I think NGC should allow them but they should all have a point value of zero.

Hmmm.... Lehigh96 makes an interesting statement - "allow PCGS coins but give them a point value of zero" - I like it!! (thumbs u

The way I see it, there is no difference between PCGS and NGC graded coins. I have some of both that I feel are superior for the grade, I have some of both that are solid for the grade and likewise I have some of both that I believe are inferior for the grade.

Why muddy the waters with PCGS coins anyway? I can't stand the PCGS registry, which was one of the original reasons I choose NGC, and I believe one of the reasons you see the large amounts of PCGS only collectors on this registry.

I am one of the very few, I wish NGC would prohibit PCGS coins from competing in the NGC registry. I think NGC should allow them but they should all have a point value of zero.

I would be fine with that, I just want a place to organize my collection, the points are not important for an admitted bottom feeder like me.

:)

Malcolm

this would be fine with me also..just wish they had done this for the world coins. As a collector my goal is always to complete a set with the nicest coins I can find--I couldn't care less about getting more paper certificates in the mail.......

Good points all, and while I am sticking with Collector's-Society, I will soon be launching my own website where I make the rules. I recently purchased a domain name and web hosting for a site another person is fashioning for me complete with blog. Details on this are coming soon. However my sets are also staying put in NGC's registry. I agree with the thread here that zero points is better than not at all.

Gary

blog_header-copy.jpg

This image is the header for my new blog, what do you think?

Most of the sets I have are not real popular with other collectors so I don't see what the difference is if my PCGS graded coins get points or not.

I use NGC point system as one of the data points when I am deciding to buy a particular coin at a particular price. It is only one data point among about 5 for my decision making process.

And I admit most of my coins are PCGS graded. I would miss everyone if we are banished from having PCGS coins in sets here.

I am another collector who uses the registry just to organise my set. Points mean nothing to me. It is all about the coins, so I wouldn't mind if PCGS coins got no points.

However there is an option for this already. Just have Custom sets instead of Competitive sets and the whole problem disappears. That is what I am doing with my world sets.