• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sucked into a new set...

10 posts in this topic

After picking up the 1926 gold quarter eagle Sesquicentennial commemorative a couple weeks ago, I decided to look into the rest of the gold commems.

What an interesting set. Mostly affordable, until you get to the Pan-Pac $50 round and octagonal pieces. At $50,000+ for anything in mint state, those will be trophy pieces for after the mortgage is paid off. ;)

But I think a short set of the eleven $1 and $2.5 gold pieces is totally do-able.

To that end, today I added the first gold commem, the 1903 Jefferson Louisiana Purchase Exposition commemorative, graded MS 66. Along with my 1926 Sesqui, I have the bookends to a great beginning of a new set.

The images below are my subpar placeholder images until I can get this coin properly photographed. It's so small. But looks amazing in hand. I wish I could capture it better for you guys.

Anyway, yay for newps! Have a good weekend everyone!

122386.jpg.c4e223dcccc7f306d4bd4059961cce7f.jpg

That's a great looking coin! :applause: Congratulations on deciding to put together the gold (well, at least small gold) Commem set. I look forward to seeing your future purchases.