• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1932-S Washington Quarter

9 posts in this topic

AU-55 but it looks like it the obverse is cleaned, from those images.

These are not worth certifying at this level, in my opinion. Heck, I bought a raw MS-60 for well under greysheet this past weekend.

Coin looks dull in these pics like it's had a bath. If it's just the pictures and in fact is BU it's pretty nice. I'd get it slabbed then put it into a BIG auction. Slabbing it makes it investment quality so you bring in more bidders. More bidders, more value.

I once had a Washington 1932 D and 1932 S (both slabbed AU) I was shopping around at a larger coin show here.Showed a Dealer the coins and he literally tossed them across the table at me when I gave him my price (Grey Sheet Bid). I was so offended it was obvious. Before I could get out WTF he saw my mood change and began to explain that every Dealer has numerous examples of these coins and wont buy unless they are dirt cheap.

Moral to the story, it's next owner will be a Collector or an Investor. Dealers capable of properly grading your coin won't be interested. Collectors and Investors who aren't grading experts like the security of a slab on something like this.

AU-55 but it looks like it the obverse is cleaned, from those images.

These are not worth certifying at this level, in my opinion. Heck, I bought a raw MS-60 for well under greysheet this past weekend.

I agree 100%, assuming that what I'm interpreting as hairlines on the obverse are indeed hairlines.

The coin appears to have been cleaned and it therefore marginal. I'm not sure that it will grade if you send it in for grading.

Here is a 1832-D I bought in a collection many years ago that had been whizzed "beyond the point of redemption." If the coin you see looks like this, you have a problem.

1932-DQuarterO.jpg1932-DQuarterR.jpg