• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two new purchases for your viewing pleasure...I hope...

39 posts in this topic

Thanks, I purchased this coin from Pinnacle Rarities and I negotiated for quite a while with this one but I sure as heck was NOT going to let it get away from me. This truly is an amazing Buff. and I feel if resubmitted it would have a very good chance of a bump up in the grade a bit. And you are right , the mint did use the proof dies for business strikes, I have also read that. Thanks again....Joe

Nice P/Us Joe. Early 60's proof nicks are known for their wild toning and 1915 buffs are known for their sharp strikes and these two do not disappoint.

Yes the 1915 does display some of the most bold, crispy, needle sharp details you'll find in the whole series. This is another one I own it's housed in a pcgs holder with the assigned grade of MS-66 but let me tell ya, in hand you wonder if it's a proof. The luster & needle sharp details will bowl you over. Thank you all for the comments...Joe

TURKEYDAYFAVORITEBUFFALONICKELS015.jpgTURKEYDAYFAVORITEBUFFALONICKELS016.jpg

I love the luster and strike on your 1915. I am actually surprised that PCGS didn't bump the coin up for the luster.

Nice P/Us Joe. Early 60's proof nicks are known for their wild toning and 1915 buffs are known for their sharp strikes and these two do not disappoint.

Yes the 1915 does display some of the most bold, crispy, needle sharp details you'll find in the whole series. This is another one I own it's housed in a pcgs holder with the assigned grade of MS-66 but let me tell ya, in hand you wonder if it's a proof. The luster & needle sharp details will bowl you over. Thank you all for the comments...Joe

TURKEYDAYFAVORITEBUFFALONICKELS015.jpgTURKEYDAYFAVORITEBUFFALONICKELS016.jpg

I love the luster and strike on your 1915. I am actually surprised that PCGS didn't bump the coin up for the luster.

Well, since you brought it up. I don't think pcgs grades Buffalo Nickels very well. JMO but I have had some graded really stupid. I'm NOT bashing pcgs but I will say I think they need to brush up a bit on grading Buffs....That's all. And thank you for the nice comment.....Joe

Joe,

I like the Buffalos (and your images as always). The second 1915 is hammered but the level of die erosion suggests MS rather than proof. The streaky and patchy golden toning is one possible reason it's in a 66 rather than a 67 holder. Regardless, it's a great looking coin -- thanks for sharing. ^^

Joe,

I like the Buffalos (and your images as always). The second 1915 is hammered but the level of die erosion suggests MS rather than proof. The streaky and patchy golden toning is one possible reason it's in a 66 rather than a 67 holder. Regardless, it's a great looking coin -- thanks for sharing. ^^

The colors are more like a steel blue & olive green....It's a very bold lustrous piece and is one of my many favorites in my collection.....Thanks again for all of the nice words on my Buffs and my imaging, it is very much appreciated.....Joe