• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interested in feedback for coin holders

9 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I am interested in any feedback (positive and negative) about a prototype coin holder that my father in law made. He is a woodworker and I told him that some people may be interested in custom coin holders for their slabbed coins. The coin holder shown fits a single NGC slabbed coin but any number of coins could be included in a single coin holder. This is not a completed projected as the finish has not been applied. I would appreciate any feedback.

Jeff

Coin Holder Picture 1

Coin Holder Picture 2

Thanks for the feedback,

Yes, I agree with the space issue. I also think that this holder may be too thick and thus looking "through" it is a bit much. The next incarnation will be significantly thinner. As far as the space it takes up, I guess the concept for this particular prototype is to present a special coin for display rather than a place to keep all coins. My father in law is working on a mission style box for quantity storage.

Jeff

Nice woodworking, marginal utility. If the front and back pieces were much thinner, it would be easier to see the coin. If you want to make a really cool display out of it, put some sort of pins in the sides and make a stand for it that the pins would sit in so that you could flip it over while on the stand. Thinking of the full-length mirror that Marian clobbered Indiana Jones with in Raiders of the Lost Ark. The pull-out piece would have to either fit rather tightly or have a lock so it wouldn't come open with gravity. Even fancier, make the stand a frame that had some LED lights built in on top that you could turn on to further enhance your display.

Hi

Thanks for posting that beautiful holder I just love it.

Do I think it is a good idea "YES" you could change the slab every ounce in a wile. It would look great in a den or what ever room you do your collecting in

Now I have some of these multi coin holders.

The first thing I thought when I received the holder was

"Man these holders are so amazing I wish I could hang them on the wall.

I though I would pass this idea onto you as a possible future project.

I am sending you a picture of a holder to help you visualize the whole thing.

I really love your Dads work and I think you have a good idea there.

You can always make them on demand and people would have to wait to have there holder finished. Sorry for rambling I just Love both holders.

Good luck.If you ever need measurements of the multi holder let me know.

All the Best

Alan

2007set-1.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. The multiholder idea is a great one and one that is in the works. The idea is that there will be a multiholder for NGC multiholdered coins as well as customized holders that will hold from 2-5 slabbed coins side by side. That might make for a nice presentation format for a small grouping.

I like the swivel on pins idea!

Jeff

Hi

Thanks for posting that beautiful holder I just love it.

Do I think it is a good idea "YES" you could change the slab every ounce in a wile. It would look great in a den or what ever room you do your collecting in

Now I have some of these multi coin holders.

The first thing I thought when I received the holder was

"Man these holders are so amazing I wish I could hang them on the wall.

I though I would pass this idea onto you as a possible future project.

I am sending you a picture of a holder to help you visualize the whole thing.

I really love your Dads work and I think you have a good idea there.

You can always make them on demand and people would have to wait to have there holder finished. Sorry for rambling I just Love both holders.

Good luck.If you ever need measurements of the multi holder let me know.

All the Best

Alan

2007set-1.jpg

Alan, I do not know the dimentions of the NGC multi coin holders but I am pretty sure if you want to hang them on your wall, look for a shadow box frame at an arts and crafts store and a picture frame store.

To the orig. poster, Your father's design for the holders is very nice. I think that it would be a little nicer if you could see the label also.

Are you able to make those? I know many people would love something like that for the 2011 anniversary ASE set! I designed a presentation box for my uncle, but he didn't want to make his own. (lazy)

Again the craftsmanship in that holder is great!

-Dave