• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

auction sites

11 posts in this topic

Coinman- Does great collections accept paypal? I have been looking for an auction website besides Ebay that accepts paypal, or has an Echeck processor.

How about websites where I can list coins I have besides Ebay? Anyone know of any good sites?

-Dave

Great Collections accepts Paypal. I haven't sold any coins through them yet, but I anticipate doing so very soon. It is much cheaper than eBay, especially if your coins sell for more than $1000 (each).

I have sold several coins through GC and Ian and Raeleen are easy to work with, and if you are buying you get your coins in about 72 hours (depending on the PO) and if you are selling about 7 to 10 days later you have your money

Proxybid and Auctionzip are auction sites that each hold online (and live in person) auctions of coins almost daily. The Auctioneers who pay them for their marketing services vary from sophisticated to really awful at their listing and identification ability, picture taking and fee structure.

I have bought coins from Auctioneers using both with great success. There are often bargains to be had on slabbed material, raw coins I generally don't consider purchasing unless I can see the coins in hand.

All take credit cards, a few take PayPal, checks etc.

I have sold coins through a few selected Auctioneers who publish their auctions well also. The fees I pay are generally 15% or so. There is a huge variance from one Auction House to the next. Some charge buyers fees, some sellers fees, some both, some split the fee 8% each buyer and seller and some charge tax. They must publish that info on Proxybid so factor that in your bid price.

Glad to hear Ebay didn't drive away every business (walmart complex).

I have purchased coins from online dealers like LCcoins.com, Reedededge.com and a few others. And I agree that some of those sites have nice coins that are not heavy on the wallet. When I look for rolls of pre1964 silver coins, the small online dealers have great prices. I paid $500 for a roll of BU pre 1900 mixed morgans. All common dates but I sent 3 into get graded and all 3 came back MS65.

Quick question: Is anyone here going to be at the Collectorama in Lakeland FL this weeked?

I have sold several coins through GC and Ian and Raeleen are easy to work with, and if you are buying you get your coins in about 72 hours (depending on the PO) and if you are selling about 7 to 10 days later you have your money

Websites?

Coinman- Does great collections accept paypal? I have been looking for an auction website besides Ebay that accepts paypal, or has an Echeck processor.

How about websites where I can list coins I have besides Ebay? Anyone know of any good sites?

-Dave

Great Collections accepts Paypal. I haven't sold any coins through them yet, but I anticipate doing so very soon. It is much cheaper than eBay, especially if your coins sell for more than $1000 (each).

Thanks for the heads up on great collections. And not a moment to soon. I contacted heritage about consigning my barber proof. Turns out it has to be a 5k min. They did offer $1250 to buy which shocked me that their offer was that strong, but after checking out great collections I feel I can do a few hundred better. Just waiting to hear back to make my decision.