• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poor photo ANACS photo cert purchase......Toner.

13 posts in this topic

Can't tell what it is!

I think it is 1886 Morgan MS63/63 Type 7 cert, issued 12/85 thru 12/86

Like the holder. Capital Plastics is still selling those catalog # ANAX but the hole will be centered on the side. You should get some plastic screws for it. Those metal ones just don't look right.

Bob

It is MS63/63, but I think the date on the cert. is Feb. of 1984.

JJ

But It has the Grade Opinion on the photo cert, And that was only used on a type 7. The date looks loke 2/14/8? (6) and Feb 1986 is the only time for this cert.

I do wonder why the plastics screws are missing, For some reason the holder was taken apart.

Bob

It is MS63/63, but I think the date on the cert. is Feb. of 1984.

JJ

But It has the Grade Opinion on the photo cert, And that was only used on a type 7. The date looks loke 2/14/8? (6) and Feb 1986 is the only time for this cert.

I do wonder why the plastics screws are missing, For some reason the holder was taken apart.

Bob

Some of these came with metal screws. At one time you could even buy metal replacement screws. The plastic (nylon) ones would sometimes strip out and would no longer tighten. The holders with metal screws did not seem to stack as well and scratched other holders. I'm wondering if the holder caused the cool toning.